Forums

Help › Forums

where does perversion cease?

Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:07 AM (64 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:47 AM

Re: where does perversion cease?

In my house the answer is, at our bedroom door.

I really can't afford to fit out a dungeon.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:24 AM

Perversion means, to break the moral standards.

These moral standards are different between people, thus to each his own.

I'd like to hear which of the OP's moral standards (in detail) have been breached, and if he'd differenciate against other, commonly named, perversions.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:43 AM

He also uses the word perverseness which has another meaning again.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:28 AM

I've read his profile page & he has his beliefs, of which he is entitled. I can't say I agree, but back to the old free speech thing. Personally he would have been better served to contact WGT directly & they could have taken care of his concern. As for beer & an AS game I'm in  LOL

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:31 AM

alosso:

These moral standards are different between people, thus to each his own.

Moral relativism will destroy a society....always has, always will...

Example: I think murder is immoral. Someone else (or several don't) ....

The several that don't, lobby for exterminating elderly people or those deemed by them as "unworthy of life" .... let's say they win by popular vote (example only)

Legalised murder justified by no moral standards : TO EACH HIS OWN ...

I know I'll catch some flack for this .... :-)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:39 AM

I agree: Some moral standards must be close or equal in a society.

Alas, here we are talking of things like a cleavage, an uncovered breast or online fighting. On this level, relativism must be allowed.

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:55 AM

that cartoon chick sure has a interesting top tho

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:08 AM

donsprintr:

alosso:

Moral relativism will destroy a society....always has, always will...

Example: I think murder is immoral. Someone else (or several don't) ....

The several that don't, lobby for exterminating elderly people or those deemed by them as "unworthy of life" .... let's say they win by popular vote (example only)

Legalised murder justified by no moral standards : TO EACH HIS OWN ...

I know I'll catch some flack for this .... :-)

Sir no flack from an unworthy me! In the end modern democracy is based on seculrarism,not a particular denomination of whatever, and allowing complete freedom of worship, not all action beyond that.  Law is a coming together of idea's for the good of the many not the few.  Debate and individual belief must remain sacrosanct. In the end those laws allow Tynon to be published and to compare it to murder is not something the masses will agree with, and that is all law concern's itself with. Personally I see nothing wrong with Tynan (or whatever the nonsense is lol) and so yes to each his own but to compare it to murder or mass extermination don't cut it IMHO and more importantly to the masses. Nevertheless,  if you do not agree long may democracy continue to allow you the point, and if ever the majority agree it's law....then over to me to argue for it not to be :0)...............

Now back to my beer:)

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:29 AM

Admittedly,murder was an extreme example, but it was used to illustrate a point ...

In the final analysis, there has to be a set of standards that do not change, or again, it's the case of "the masses" or popular vote that can decide anything. I don't think modern society really wants to go there, even though it's doing it's best.

The case of Germany during the Hitler "administration" should be an example that should never be forgotten. He was legally and morally elected to office, and led his country and many millions of lives down to destruction. Again, an extreme example ....

Now to the case of the online video game in question ... it has it's right to exist.

Does it have the right to advertise itself with supposedly (because I haven't seen the ads, I say that) ... immodest clothing , and to subject people against their will to viewing their ads is the question I think the OP brought up and objected against. 

These are things in a society which are always under discussion. Because I believe or do something, doesn't mean that I am able to subject someone to participating in it, or even viewing images of it. The door swings both ways, liberally and conservatively or it doesn't swing at all.

No offense meant to anyone here. I like good red wine myself. :-)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:36 AM

In the spirit of utilizing one's expertise --- I submit we in the WGT community respectfully turn over all matters of perversion to the Master. 

Turkish Terror

RSS