Help › Forums

Router Reconfig!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:05 PM (2 replies)
  • oldtwofeathers
    67 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:06 AM

Hi all,

I just thought I would share this with anyone who is experiencing glitches (meter and general game play) I think that covers most of us from time to time!

It is well worth getting in touch with the "Tech Dept" of your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and asking them to Reconfigure your router from their end! The process takes about five minutes and the results are unbelievable in terms of stability! 

Apparently there are updates available but they will not inform YOU of this, you have to ask them and they should be happy to oblige! If not, threaten to take your account elsewhere and they should soon be playing ball!

It would be interesting to hear back from anyone who tries this and likes the results!

Please spread the word and here´s to some happy "glitch free" gaming! 

Peace

oldtwofeathers

• pascalgreece
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:57 AM

didn't knew about that i have to say. my meter problems stopped when i switched to maxthon browser. it runs smooth now, and even better when i delete browsing history. about the router update, mine does updates it's self every 5 days, if there is something new. it takes about 10 mins and i have no access to tne internet for this short time. so, try other browsers too, if oldwofeathers's advice doesn't work.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 1:05 PM

oldtwofeathers:
    It would be interesting to hear back from anyone who tries this and likes the results!

Unplugging the power to a modem for 15 seconds, or so, goes a long way to solving ISP issues with connectivity. More often than not this solves game issues involving data transfer. 

RSS