Forums

Help › Forums

meter settings

Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:15 AM (5 replies)
  • woodbrw1
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 7:51 AM

the new 30sec play is probably a good thing for masters, but in my opinion it would be nice if you also had 45 and or 60 sec.. This would help pro's and other players more effectively, and have less people drop out of games in play. It is my opinion that the 30 sec. play for most players is pushing it a little fast.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:32 AM

woodbrw1:
    the 30 sec. play for most players is pushing it a little fast.

I often wonder what players are doing when it takes them 60 seconds to get  shot off.

The 30 sec clock is fantastic, and why someone who has played this game for over 1 month would need more than that is over my head. If you will notice, those players who take so much time, usually will not get a good shot  I think you are thinking too much

The best is ----those of you who have  a 2 ft putt and take 45 sec to shoot.

• bill4800
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:57 AM

How do I change the shot clock to 30 sec?

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 1:19 PM

The problem with 30 secs is there's no time for chatting with the other players.  If I don't want tochat, then why am I even doing it.  I'll just play a solo round at that point.  Also, figuring out how much power to use on the fast and very fast greens takes a calculator for me.  No time for that 

• pattonto
    63 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:06 AM

I often use thereverse angle to set myself up properly. It is difficult to set up from distance using the marker. Sometimes the loading is slow and you run out of time before you can return to the normal shot angle.

I would go with 60 seconds.

• pattonto
    63 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:15 AM

I can and do take my shots as quickly as possible but sometimes the net is a bit slow. I would say that 80% + of my shots are well within 30 seconds.

This is supposed to be a social golf site.

I have had some players that quit on me when most of my shots are well under the 30 second barrier and then one shot takes a little longer because I've used the reverse angle.

What on erarth is their big rush.

If these players do not have the time or they are too busy they shouldn't bother playing.

I think they act like Prima Donnas.

RSS