Help › Forums

hi all........

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:19 PM (20 replies)
  • david180667
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2013 6:37 PM

Hi all

Just discovered this site pretty much by accident (I was searching for chess-related sites) and spotted this, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I like the idea of being able to play an online game whenever I want to, against other beginners as well.

And I've just been looking through some posts, and it seems that there are some real nice people on these boards.  And people seem to be actually speaking English to each other, as opposed to that shortened text-type speak that drives me up the wall.  I'm guessing it's because there aren't too many kids here?  Jeez, I sound like such an uptight @*%$!!, I'm not, honestly!!

So, come say hello and give me any thoughts you may have....

David

ps...will I start to get loads of unwanted emails now??!!  I used an address that is specifically for registration, so not a major problem, I just wondered.......

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2013 7:29 PM

david180667:
    Just discovered this site pretty much by accident (I was searching for chess-related sites) and spotted this, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Exactly what I was searching for and how I came across WGT (must be a google thing)

If chess is your bag then the learning process of this game should fire the grey matter.:)

Hit well....

Andy

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2013 7:44 PM

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!  Yooooouuuu`ll be soooooorryyy . Happy Swinging :-)

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:53 PM

Hello

david180667:
    will I start to get loads of unwanted emails now??!!  I used an address that is specifically for registration, so not a major problem, I just wondered.......

Not yet. With participating in offers to gather free credits however you will. You might want to use another e-mail address for that.

R.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:06 PM

Wow! An introduction in the introduction section. Glad to have you here sir, have fun. :-)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2013 1:12 AM

I was into the chess game before this, correspondence chess through the websites. Used to have 40 or more games on the go, wonderful it was.

But again too many cheaters

• BuddhaDharma
    45 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:21 AM

Hi David.  Think you will be happy you came across this site.  Even if you have never played a single hole in your life you will have a lot of fun here.  If you like challenges you are in the right place.  It's a great game and you will find a lot of fun people here.  Hope you get yourself started and have some fun!  Drop a line anytime.  If I am not out of town on business I am here playing.  I play under BuddhaDharma.

Cheers Mate!

Vic

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2013 4:31 AM

Welcome

This is a great game....  just have fun and it will stay a great game :)

You can also change your email address if you want to...click the Account button (above  PLAY NOW on your profile page) and go into contact info

-Roger

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:09 AM

Welcome! You are gonna have a blast with this game!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:09 AM

It is a great game  .  Welcome to WGT community.

RSS