Help › Forums

Going Pro?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:06 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dlocke
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 5:29 PM

Hi guys...... am new to the game here but, I am enjoying a lot and look forward to many more holes! I do have a question.......I am a amateur and wondering when/how you become a pro, etc? how is it all decided?

Thanks

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:41 AM

"I found this in the forums and I believe this is correct.  I do not deserve credit for this information.  WGT does not either as they do not make it public.  However, over the years the players have finally got the formula figured out.  I believe. Here it is.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

Hope this helps  ,just keep practicing you'll get there

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:58 AM

...and Legend to Tour Legend is an average of 60 and 500 ranked rounds as a Legend.

Winning tournaments and beating players of a higher tier can also alter these figures.

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 4:48 AM

courteneyfish:

...and Legend to Tour Legend is an average of 60 and 500 ranked rounds as a Legend.

Winning tournaments and beating players of a higher tier can also alter these figures.

pfff pffff pffff pffff well excuuuuuuussseee ME 

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:07 AM

Well i agree with the ave, but the needed ranked rounds aint true, i've seen a master with lot of blitz and only 18 ranked rounds his ave was 62.28, a restartet multiaccounter for sure, but that was his suspecious stat. I think the ranked you need is total, what means you can go tourmaster with only 40 and legend with 50. But wgt never tell us how they figure out the way to tier up, the master i mentions is lvl 41 only.

Egon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:35 AM

HWei:

well why did you drop off the tour legend to tour legend line?

here's the full original as originally offered by GENORB in 2010ish and updated as progressed.

These days thoough due to the Anti Sandbagging Measuers, it is possibly to advance faster than this suggests.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend*

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as Hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as Amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend
    • You need at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:58 AM

SHRUDE:

HWei:

well why did you drop off the tour legend to tour legend line?

here's the full original as originally offered by GENORB in 2010ish and updated as progressed.

These days thoough due to the Anti Sandbagging Measuers, it is possibly to advance faster than this suggests.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from Pro to Tour Pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend*

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as Hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as Amateur before reaching Pro
    • You need at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

If I appear 2 b wrong might of missed a few so shoot me 4 not implementing full story

• dlocke
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:29 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will continune playing, one rank at time...........i dont see me becoming a tour master anytime soon! haha

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 3:20 AM

HWei:
    might of missed a few so shoot me 4 not implementing full story

I'd suggest when the full story is available. and you want to offer it, then offer the full story or offer nothing.

and is there really a need to quote the WHOLE post, no wonder these forums are up the kyber, pages and pages loading of fully quoted posts

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:51 AM

I am currently on an average of 67.20.

According to the above I will shortly (dependant on a few good rounds!) move to "Master".

Does that mean that I will move to a tee box even further back from the green?

I really need to get my finger out and sort out a new driver!

• PAGES
RSS