Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:21 PM (7 replies)
  • BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 4:10 PM

Hi all Im BustaSpliff  from England,this is a great site really  looking forward too  meeting a few of you on the green..  Ive only  played a couple of rounds,but one of the  guys i  played told me too try easier  courses  and  palying stroke  play  ranked too boost me up should i win. Only  problem was  for me ,tonight i  played a guy   for the   1st  time stroke  play etc, i was really made up  because i was 7 shots up  on the   last hole,i putted and he had a 1 foot  putt  too finish game,I  said gg  etc and thanks meet u again. What ANNOYED  me was he didnt  put the 1 foot  put ,it said DISCONNECTED, your  apponent,this too me doesnt seem like a coincedence when i had already won as he was 8  behind.  i reckon this ametuer  player i  played  didnt want too lose nothing an it  pissed me of some what.

Now if this is what happens in here well i might think again about wether stay  or not.its a shame this should happen  anyway great site guys keep it up.

ogh by the way the Guys name was something  like    Khilein   or near enuff

night all. :O)

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 4:16 PM

Hi Busta,

Players will receive a loss if they quit during a Match Play or Match Play Challenge game.  These are competitive modes where wins and losses are tallied, so bailing on your opponent 3 times during the same round will automatically forfeit the game giving the win to the other player.

Stroke play is a non-competitive format in group play right now.  There are no wins or losses tallied.  Stroke play is only the player against the course in an attempt to better their own personal stats and scoring average.  If someone disconnects from your stroke play group game it will not affect your stats in any way and you'll be able to finish out the round on your own (or with the rest of your playing partners) so your efforts are not wasted.

We do have reputation tracking on the roadmap and with its implementation you'll be able to make more informed decisions about who you tee it up with.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 7:05 AM

Thanks for the reply  mate.i  played 9  holes   after that game with some one on Stroke  play,and when i won  my   points went from 144 too 131, can you  tell me what thats all about ,as thats what i want too get down  me score so i can try  be Ameteur instead of  hack  lol

cheers :O)

• richardjohnmott
    164 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 3:14 PM

Hi busterspliff,

just keep playing ranked stroke play and your tier will come down quickly. only been playing myself just over a week, love the game! love the name bustaspliff

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2010 4:57 PM

the points you are reffering to are just your overall average for your last 10 rounds completed. It will go up and down depending on how you do.

• hottotty
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 4:21 AM

you will find this happens a greatdeal when you are leading a higher ranked player, they do not like losing. bad sportsmen the and bad losers

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 12:59 AM

Hey Busta...

People are going to quit.... it's just part of the game.

There are a couple of groups (the Ladders is one) where you can meet new people who don't quit.  You can set up your games there and play them here.  After awhile your "friends list" will be full of names of folks that will finish every game.

When you play a random multi-player game you'll notice that most never finish.  It's a rarity these days to end the game with as many players as you started.

Good luck and "keep your head down"!

hottotty:

you will find this happens a greatdeal when you are leading a higher ranked player, they do not like losing. bad sportsmen the and bad losers

I'm a "higher ranked player" hottotty, and I don't mind at all when I lose to someone who plays better than me.  What's even better, if I'm playing against someone Pro or lower who seems genuinely interested in the game and getting better, with standard equipment, I'm likely to send a sleeve of balls or whatnot to help them out.

Most "higher ranked players" are actually here for the fun.  Not all are "bad sportsmen" and "bad losers".  Oh, I grant that there are some who are tied to those numbers beside their name, but not all.

Peace

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:21 PM

snaike, anytime, like to eat masters for breakfast lol

RSS