Ad to Repeal Obamacare?????

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:47 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • menshadow
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jul 4 2013 8:32 PM

Really?  You guys want to go there?????

I realize ads make you money, but that is 'out of bounds' in my book.

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:39 AM

menshadow:

Really?  You guys want to go there?????

I realize ads make you money, but that is 'out of bounds' in my book.

+100%

• BlondinJDB
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:26 AM

This is America...freedom of speech...why did we celebrate Independence Day yesterday!  Every side of every issue has a right to be heard.  If a group wants to pay WGT advertising $$$ to broadcast its side of an issue, they have a right to do that.  If WGT wants to accept this $$$ to carry "free speech" on its website...they have a right to do that.  If you want to protest via a Forum Post your objection to WGT's decision...you have a right to do that.  This is America, where it is alright to stand up and speak your mind.  I respect your support of Obama-healthcare...but you need to respect the fact that there are others who do not feel this is good legislation.  I draw the line at hateful, vulgar, violent, types of ads/speech...that have no beneficial contribution to our societal values. 

• bob077
    29 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:01 PM

waiting  on  the government   to fix medicad/care  and as  a vet  the va  is a mess   fix those  first

• gamerC
    25 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 6:54 AM

BlondinJDB:
    This is America...

This is not America. This is a website.

Wrapping yourself in the flag and waxing misty-eyed nostalgic about Independence Day and your "rights", while admirable and patriotic, is a turd in the punchbowl on a golf website - which I think was the original poster's point.

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:37 PM

It's your opinion and there may be others on here who have their own opinion and maybe agree with the ad. If you don't like it just look at another page while it's loading. Every time I load a game I switch to another tab especially when having to sit through a 30 second commercial to watch a 5s replay. It's just part of the game.

Edit: Or just get AdBlock for your browser. 

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 2:39 AM

SORRY I had to see if there was a Canadian response first - the home of universal medical care. band together. safety in numbers. every member of society deserves medical care. I'm sorry thats just the way we were brought up !!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 4:29 AM

27stitches:
    SORRY I had to see if there was a Canadian response first - the home of universal medical care.

Not to mention New Zealand (first -1941) followed by Great Britain, Sweden, Iceland, Norway,Denmark, Finland, Japan THEN Saskatchewan in 1962 followed by the rest of Canada 6-10 years later (68-72)....a mere 30 years after NZ and 20 years after GB --- Home of ? naw...SORRY !   :)

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:41 PM

WGT is based in San Francisco and is likely about as liberal (in US terms) as they come. I assure you they didn't choose the ad on ideological terms.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:20 PM

alcaucin:

27stitches:
    SORRY I had to see if there was a Canadian response first - the home of universal medical care.

Not to mention New Zealand (first -1941) followed by Great Britain, Sweden, Iceland, Norway,Denmark, Finland, Japan THEN Saskatchewan in 1962 followed by the rest of Canada 6-10 years later (68-72)....a mere 30 years after NZ and 20 years after GB --- Home of ? naw...SORRY !   :)

you should check your facts first !! look up Tommy Douglas. 1944 

• PAGES
RSS