Forums

Help › Forums

FREE GOLF GEAR FROM THE PRO SHOP

Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:25 AM (30 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 6:18 PM

mrcaddie:
    I have the 8th Day and I opened it up to friends in my CC and got 7 friends to join me

I did not see that in the Fine print  Sir ,  Or I would have opened up this offer to my Club .

OPY

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 6:48 PM

opyeuclid:
    I did not see that in the Fine print  Sir ,  Or I would have opened up this offer to my Club .

Sorry OPY-

I had so many people from my club that wanted to participate this time around that I opened up my "Day" to some fellow CC members so they could join me. The Deviations did it last time around and set the precedent. It should be noted that they put a twist on the whole event and if a club decides to take a "Day" it gets very confusing, as I'm finding out now.

I am using our CC's Day as a yardstick for Decembers event.

Trust me when I say, I am already planning Decembers event and you and your CC will definitely want to be a part of it. It's gonna be huge!

Thanks,

Wayne

ps- send me a private message if you'd like to talk about this more.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:31 PM

ok  my intentions where ok ,  but after looking for a pro or TP , on the Chrismas in july thread ,     well i could not find one  or i missed someone ,and like Wayne said  it was intended for is CC members ........in that case i would like to give  to the fisrt pro or TP from Wayne CC that answer this question .( I hope Wayne, you don,t mind me using your generous thread )                here is the question :   What Quebec Franco  singner became one of the best  singner in the world  ,now working in Las Vegas .....   easy  i know lolll   the first  two correct  members (pro & TP) get 3 balls , and help me  do what i said i would do with pleasure .       not to get this great thread go another direction   the fisrt two on my wall will get  a sleeve  .....   for the rest  you see two or 3  members  already answered  well   you dont have to  write on my wall ,except to  say  nice things  :)  lollll          Frapp       PS: it is late here so  you will get your sleeves  tomorow :)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:04 AM

frappefort:
    and like Wayne said  it was intended for is CC members

Actually Frapp, that's not a true statement.

"Christmas in July" is open to everyone that plays WGT, country clubs have nothing to do with it.

My comment about country clubs was about the fact that when I announced the event in my CC forum, I had so many fellow members that wanted to play Santa but I only had 2 "Days" left open, so because I already had taken the 8th Day I decided to have my friends from my CC join me on my "Day" to help play Santa.

MC

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:32 AM

Full credit to you MC for once again organizing this event.

Sadly I am not in the position to be a "santa" this time around - business has been pretty poor this year (putting it mildly lol).

But can I throw in a suggestion for the future (possibly a little presumptious) that we have several santas on the one day (eg, 12th day we have 12 separate santas). This would lesson the individual cost for that person and possibly open it up to more time zones by having Santas popping in throughout the day.

Full Kudos to you, and all the santas.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 5:17 AM

alanti:
    But can I throw in a suggestion for the future (possibly a little presumptious) that we have several santas on the one day (eg, 12th day we have 12 separate santas). This would lesson the individual cost for that person and possibly open it up to more time zones by having Santas popping in throughout the day.

Alanti-

Thank you once again for your kind words.

It's all in the spirit of Christmas and giving..... and I figured "why should we wait another year to hold another event like the "12 Days".

You know.... during last years event, everything went pretty smoothly. When I announced this "Christmas in July" it started to get a little crazy. I had so many people that wanted to participate that I actually had to turn people away ( but I encouraged them all to give away whenever they wanted to). I had 10 people from the CC I'm in that wanted to play Santa after I announced it in our CC forum.

Look, last year there were plenty of people that weren't officially involved in the "12 Days" and they just decided to give away stuff all on their own.That was incredible!  I'm hoping this event will encourage even more people to reach out to others, even if they're not participating in this event. Players were giving away all kinds of free stuff last December and I'm not just talking about the players playing "Santa".

I'm trying to build something here and it doesn't happen over night, or in six months.

To your quote that I've referenced above-

I am planning another event for December, one that takes your idea into consideration and that includes giving more people the opportunity to play Santa..... and us reaching out to a lot more players.

But honestly, this kind of stuff happens every day, we just don't see it and it's not posted in the forums. I personally know of lots of players that send anonymous gifts to others throughout the year. This just happens to be an organized event.

You're on my friends list now and you can expect a message come November asking for your help for Decembers event.

Thanks again Alan,

Wayne

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 5:21 AM

opyeuclid:
    Or I would have opened up this offer to my Club .

OPY-

You still have time. Let them know about it and shoot me their names. I'll be glad to add their names to your "Day"!

MC

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 8:19 AM

Sorry  Wayne  :)     i again  did miss read   your post , its no big deal ,i am still going to gift  two sleeves  for two players ,   Thread like this one always get my attention ,some time i get to excited  and i dont read enough details....   LOL     But please add me for your next  event i would like to participate.     Have a good day  ..  Frapp   11.42 am  i did send  a sleeve  to two players  this morning , it started  my day with a smile ......

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 8:37 AM

frappefort:
    Sorry  Wayne  :)     i again  did miss read   your post , its no big deal ,i am still going to gift  two sleeves  for two players ,   Thread like this one always get my attention ,some time i get to excited  and i dont read enough details....   LOL     But please add me for your next  event i would like to participate.     Have a good day  ..  Frapp

No problem Frapp-

I accepted your friend invite and will stay in touch with you about the next event.

Have fun sending out your gifts, I'm sure the recipients will be overjoyed by your generosity.

MC

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 8:44 AM

The WGT community is full of truly great people. Nuff Said.
    My name is Yancy

RSS