Forums

Help › Forums

Why is it always only Masters who win tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:40 AM (3 replies)
  • HenrikLindhardt
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:44 PM

Just to mention one tournament I played the top player had a score of 78 % birdies and was a Master. Is that likely or realistic?

Under normal circumstances the handicap rules, if they applied to these games, would even such an overweight in favour of Masters out and make it more fair.  What fun or challenge is it to lose a game on the first tee?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:55 PM

If you mean tiered tournaments the winner would have either tiered up through playing in the tournament or soon after, they couldn't enter as a Master. Thousands go in for those competitions so the chances of winning are pretty low

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2013 11:19 PM

Hi Henrik,

Well I am not sure what tournament you mean, but I did look at the Kiawah Monthly. Yes it is a Master leading, he entered as a tour pro, and therefore will finish that tournament at the tier he started it as.

That said this guy is a blatant sandbagger, shoots 58 for 18 then next round a 90 for nine holes. As Courteney says yes he will get tiered up eventually. No friends and was a dormant account for a while, interesting to say the least.

For the OP,sadly if you want to compete it does take decent equipment, which equals dollars. I know earning free credits in some places just is a non event (like here) so you have to accept players with better equipment will always have the edge. On top of that at your level you play against many players who are already legends/TL and create another account to cream the junior ranks.

JUst play for fun and challenge yourself, and don't worry what the others are doing.

• HenrikLindhardt
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:40 AM

Dear Alanti,

What an excellent comment. I think you are very right. Afterall WGT is a business thus the more money you spend the better results.

Just sometimes wonder, how these high scores are possble.

I pay more attention now with whom I play against.

BR

Henrik

RSS