Forums

Help › Forums

Christmas in July....... Day 12

Mon, Aug 12 2013 6:29 PM (98 replies)
  • Talluin
    257 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:28 AM

I would imagine I am probably too new to benefit from Mr Santas generosity.  Sooooo...what would i need to achieve to get something like this? apart from selling my wifes cat to science :)

Seriously, really nice thing you are doing, says bundles about the community to a newbie like myself!!

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:29 AM

I would imagine I am probably too new to benefit from Mr Santas generosity.  Sooooo...what would i need to achieve to get something like this? apart from selling my wifes cat to science :)

Seriously, really nice thing you are doing, says bundles about the community to a newbie like myself!!

• rsse99
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 3:37 AM

Very much appreciated.

Thank you.

R

• RealTyWebb
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 4:14 AM

looselugnutz:

After Day 2 of Day 12, that's 5 handed out.  Time to rethink the maybe-too-stringent parameters of the post in order for this not to drag out a full week.  That said the level of player has risen from 30 to 40.

With the new upper limits of level, the following have also been selected as recipients of the Spider putter from Santa's Bag o' Treats:

rsse99, MrCG, standupbasser, RealTyWebb, RaceMarshal, and joshwilliamhag.

Please give me a few minutes to sort you all out and there'll be shiny new putters underneath your trees.  Happy golfing, everyone. And remember to have fun out there.  It is a game, after all

That leaves 1 left to distribute.   Any takers?

Santa Loose

Thank you Loose!  I'm really excited to start using the putter.  It seems like every time I barely miss the "ding", the putt doesn't drop.  Hopefully I can pay it forward some day.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 5:14 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Way to go Loose, nearly there. Bumping up.

Yup,was always going to take time....

The lucky recipients will be chuffed though !!

Elongating the 'Day' is great idea...will take the the Members who qualify some time to find thread.

Took me to L50'ish to comment on Forum, apart from asking for advice....Cheers Yj  / Chris (5214) 'et al' 

N1, Loose.

• VanCanucks
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:47 AM

looselugnutz:

Van, what happened to the last two years, mate?  Tell me about that.

Santa Loose

Created an account a couple years ago, played for a little and lost interest. Found out recently I had friends on here, now I'm back with the motivation to play.

• VanCanucks
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 10:05 AM

Although I have a more fun version of the story that I figure you might also enjoy, being Canadian I do play hockey and being in Canada we do hsve snow on the ground 50% of the year, so now when there's no more ice to skate on I can swap my goalie stick for a virtual golf club and play with all of you all.

As for the missing two years, I started university,  studying sciences and I work part time. I do enjoy trying to calculate the wind and slope of the greens when putting but apparently my physics is off right now

• Mud5870
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:26 PM

Many Thanks for the Putter Santa. Ho Ho Ho :)

• looselugnutz
    1,529 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:41 PM

VanCanucks:

Although I have a more fun version of the story that I figure you might also enjoy, being Canadian I do play hockey and being in Canada we do hsve snow on the ground 50% of the year, so now when there's no more ice to skate on I can swap my goalie stick for a virtual golf club and play with all of you all.

As for the missing two years, I started university,  studying sciences and I work part time. I do enjoy trying to calculate the wind and slope of the greens when putting but apparently my physics is off right now

Then it's yours, Van.  A new putter is in your bag.  Have fun with it.

Santa Loose

• looselugnutz
    1,529 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 2:44 PM

Talluin:

And because it's Christmas, Santa's decided to give out a bonus putter to you, Talluin, just for making it here to join in on the fun.  Enjoy it, mate.

Santa Loose

RSS