Forums

Help › Forums

Newbie here

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:28 AM (8 replies)
  • MUCO68
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:56 PM

Just started last week and am learning, slowly, but am learning.  Still need to work on chips and pitches.  They always come up WAY short of what I think they should.  I enjoy playing The Old Course (just shot a 78 earlier this evening!!  WooooHOOO!) and have actually played The Old.  My brother and I went to Scotland in '11 and played The Old twice, Crail, The New Course at St. Andrews (which is over 100 years old!) and Carnoustie.  What a trip!  I'm sure I'll be asking questions on a variety of topics and I thank you in advance for the help you provide.  

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 8:55 PM

Hello and welcome to this great game ,,,,   read the FAQ,s , play ,practice  , and most of all  find  fun in this game ,be patient .....  Good luck  

• ballrats
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:22 PM

Hey, Y'all...  I am also  a newbie...  Play well everyone!  Jan

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:32 PM

Welcome.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:38 PM

Welcome to WGT dot com.

• NMcdaniel1
    1 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:07 PM

Hey fellow golfers,

I'm a recent 'newbie' to this game...now addicted and can't stop :) My putting sucks ass! and is never consistent, so any advice would be appreciated......thanks in advance!  I'm also looking to join a country club if anyone knows of a club recruiting low tiers (amateur) at best! I look forward to the challenges ahead and will see you at the first tee box!!!!!  AKA- macca :)  

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:49 PM

Welcome!

Some basic advice:

- take care of the green speed - it changes with each tier change, until Tour Pro.

- don't trust the caddy! He gives bad advice frequently, most of all in short game: pitch, chip, putt.

- that said, read the Putting Tips =>
    and Chip and Pitch tips =>

- you can save a lot of money if you look around before buying all those shining clubs coming along.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:53 PM

Welcome to all the Newbies

This is a great game.... the more games you play the better you will get

Just have Fun

-Roger

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:28 AM

welcome to WGT!

RSS