Help › Forums

Belated intro

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 14 2013 1:32 PM (6 replies)
  • BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 8:22 PM

Hello, all.

I signed up back in May but didn't start playing until a week or two ago. Now I'm hooked. I gotta play at least once a day to get my fix.

I'm still learning to manage this game. I can't quite read the greens yet. I chunk some chips from the rough now and then. Heck, anything out of the rough is rough for me at this point. But the one thing I just can't do consistently enough is hit that swing meter dead on.

I've broken 80 a handful of times and I can score consistently in the low 80's. I feel good about my progress, though. I'm hoping to get my score average below 80 in the next few rounds.

I can't wait to make some friends and play a few rounds from time to time.

-Rob

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:52 PM

Rob,first congrats on your first post,,,,,,,       it is a great game  patience  is the only way here ,hard game to get good at......           have fun   get in a CC  make friends  ,,,,,     

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:21 PM

Congrats on your new addiction! +1 on the patience... If you like you can add me as a friend and we'll shoot around... that's an open invitation to anybody.

there is plenty of tips on the forums and for the most part a lot of people are more than willing to help.

have fun!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2013 12:55 AM

BubbaSauce:
    But the one thing I just can't do consistently enough is hit that swing meter dead on.

That's half the battle right there....enjoy

Andy

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2013 1:54 AM

BubbaSauce:

Hello, all.

I signed up back in May but didn't start playing until a week or two ago. Now I'm hooked. I gotta play at least once a day to get my fix.

I'm still learning to manage this game. I can't quite read the greens yet. I chunk some chips from the rough now and then. Heck, anything out of the rough is rough for me at this point. But the one thing I just can't do consistently enough is hit that swing meter dead on.

I've broken 80 a handful of times and I can score consistently in the low 80's. I feel good about my progress, though. I'm hoping to get my score average below 80 in the next few rounds.

I can't wait to make some friends and play a few rounds from time to time.

-Rob

Anytime you see me online invite me for a game I would be happy to help you with what I can.

Cheers,

AB

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2013 11:34 AM

welcome!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2013 1:32 PM

Welcome!

BubbaSauce:
    I can't quite read the greens yet. I chunk some chips from the rough now and then.
    See the Chip and Pitch Tips there ==>

1st of all: Chose your club yourself, don't believe that §$%"§$& caddie!

Chips fly 20% of their way and must land on fringe or green. From rough, avoid!

Use punch or full shots instead until you decide to get some decent custom wedges, Ping or better.

Have fun!

RSS