Help › Forums

Here for fun,accused of cheating.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:52 AM (25 replies)
  • mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:00 PM

fatdan:

most of the Legends on wgt are really at amateur level. a lot of them are over-rated.
    Hmmm, looks like they moved you up a couple of levels in the last week or so after you exposed yourself  whining in that thread(from pro to master)...congrats!  Hows those match play games going?  lol

?

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:06 PM

Most of the old school Legends made it the hard way, playing ranked rounds. Now I see Bubblegum legends and they do not deserve the capital L, who have achieved legend in less than 100 ranked rounds!

They achieved this by their higher tiered friends laying down for them in match play, what a shame and insult to the true Legends, should not be allowed!

I can assure you when you play a true L or TL, you will get the respect you deserve for good play. Because much of what I learned was taught to me by Legends, who back then, took us under their wings to make us better players!

Frick all the bubblegummer's, if you want to play give me a shout!

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:36 PM

Well said.

I'm not playing many multigames at the moment, but generally I don't care if I am playing with a master or TM.

The posters disaillisioned with legends can send me a friend invite if they like, and I'll get round to having a game sometime.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 9:08 PM

mgbirish:

Most of the old school Legends made it the hard way, playing ranked rounds. Now I see Bubblegum legends and they do not deserve the capital L, who have achieved legend in less than 100 ranked rounds!

They achieved this by their higher tiered friends laying down for them in match play, what a shame and insult to the true Legends, should not be allowed

This is one rule that Wgt set to try and stop the cheats from cleaning up in all forms of the game (win in M/p against a higher Tier player and Ave Drops), but is also a big headache for the honest people who play this game too, which is sad.

For me I was one of those old school people who got promoted the hard way (as the violins come out...lol)  but it was great... each level I made I was ready for it.

Now you can get promoted in just a handful of games...when you get to the top Tiers... you get frustrated and just start a new account and start again... for some.

With the Introduction of all the new clubs and balls we have to use...  the game is  getting easier to play.

With the new Xp bonus drinks and level-ups, it's easier for people to move through the levels to get the top shelf clubs and golf balls.

Cheats are out there.... If you use em, then your the.....  I better stop there....lol

I would like Wgt to stop ....   Players having their average drop if they beat a higher Tier Player. In friendly games...  I feel sorry for the my opponent beating me, when their ave is dropping( I hate losing too...lol)

I luv my friends beating me in a friendly game...  it's just great( it's great for them, not me...lol)

I have the thinking, the only way to get better at the game(without cheating) is to beat somebody that is better than you (I'm not that good...anybody can beat me...lol)  

Unless credits is involved, that's another story.... the Wgt rule for Ave drops should only be applied for Challenge matches and winning Wgt Comps.

We can't beat the cheats....  and because this is also a credit based game...people will always try to beat the system...bring back the old times I say, when everybody was happy....lol

-Roger

• ponyponi
    31 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 9:20 PM

I must be retarded. I have only recently began playing AS matches and the Legends in the mix have been nothing but gracious - good players that have obviously earned their rewards. I'm not sure I would know how to detect a cheat. Please don't burst my bubble.

Pony

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 9:23 PM

mantis0014:

mgbirish:

They achieved this by their higher tiered friends laying down for them in match play, what a shame and insult to the true Legends, should not be allowed

This is one rule that Wgt set to try and stop the cheats from cleaning up in all forms of the game (win in M/p against a higher Tier player and Ave Drops), but is also a big headache for the honest people who play this game too, which is sad.

For me I was one of those old school people who got promoted the hard way (as the violins come out...lol)  but it was great... each level I made I was ready for it.

Now you can get promoted in just a handful of games...when you get to the top Tiers... you get frustrated and just start a new account and start again... for some.

With the Introduction of all the new clubs and balls we have to use...  the game is  getting easier to play.

With the new Xp bonus drinks and level-ups, it's easier for people to move through the levels to get the top shelf clubs and golf balls.

Cheats are out there.... If you use em, then your the.....  I better stop there....lol

I would like Wgt to stop ....   Players having their average drop if they beat a higher Tier Player. In friendly games...  I feel sorry for the my opponent beating me, when their ave is dropping( I hate losing too...lol)

I luv my friends beating me in a friendly game...  it's just great( it's great for them, not me...lol)

I have the thinking, the only way to get better at the game(without cheating) is to beat somebody that is better than you (I'm not that good...anybody can beat me...lol)  

Unless credits is involved, that's another story.... the Wgt rule for Ave drops should only be applied for Challenge matches and winning Wgt Comps.

We can't beat the cheats....  and because this is also a credit based game...people will always try to beat the system...bring back the old times I say, when everybody was happy....lol

-Roger

Very well stated Roger

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:17 PM

Thats too funny, l played the same guy when l was a TM, l was almost at the point of turning legend and had beaten a few higher ranked players that day, when we finally hooked for a game.

Front 9 @ St Andy, a close all square going up the last, then l got the accusation of being a cheat and a sandbagger, l beat him and our man hated it, especially when he challenged me again and l told him that l'd beaten him once and no thanks.

Our man then left an abusive message on my wall, this guy is one sorry ar$ed looser!!

THEWIPERS:

Just played a match game with a legend.By hole 5,I am 1 up,hit a couple putts.Then he(Promark1)says"Wow,you are only Master?hmm."I guess mere Masters aren't supposed to beat Legends,is that a rule?I come here for fun,I spend money monthly,here because I love WGT.I have entered about 3 CC tourneys for 5 credits a game.My low round EVER is 65 or 66.My putting is brutally bad,that's why I'm "only"Master.I lose probably at least 4 shots per 18 due to putts.Then,this "legend"gets up 1 after 8,I asked"Do you still think Im trying to cheat you now that you're up 1 going into 9?" He said"Yes."Well,how can one argue with that,eh?I hope all legends aren't that insecure that they accuse people of cheating when they get down ONE HOLE...hahaha ,!!BUT...99% of the people are not like that so I will focus on them.Hopefully,I will meet his opposite in a game soon.Thanks.

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:51 AM

andwhy67:
    Our man then left an abusive message on my wall, this guy is one sorry ar$ed looser!!

It just to sad someone cant take a lost as it is, get beat by a better player or just having a bad round, happens to all (esp. me often). 

I like all sorts of this game match/stroke/alt-shot, but i avoid play challenges for credits, the best way to not get beat by a sandbagger/cheater!! And i dont have to many money to spend on a virtual game!! 

I sometimes do a skingame, but its only with the member in the guild i'm a part of, when we cant find an alt-match we sometimes take a little club-skin, and always have a blast when we know each other and all know how to having FUN!! It is just a game!! Just sayin'.

Egon

RSS