Forums

Help › Forums

Awards Question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:09 PM (5 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:28 AM

Just wondering why, when WGT put in some new awards, not all of them were retroactive? 

The Straight Shooter, In The Cup, and Long & Short Haul awards don't add up.

For instance, if I have over 2000 completed rounds, how come my Long & Short Haul numbers only add up to 500?

And to reiterate, there is still no Holed Approach Shot award.

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:33 AM

There is now a holed approach shot award. but the straight shooter award has gone.

your rounds numbers might not add up because one counts any round including driving and putting, the other counts ranked rounds only.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:21 AM

Paul, the Q is four years old!

Today, Long Haul + Short Haul awards only count the respective ranked strokeplay rounds and add up to the total ranked rounds.

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:38 AM

My mistake.

the long and short hole awards include finished 9 and 18 hole rounds in any mode. the round round award only includes ranked 9 and 18 hole rounds. do practice rounds not count at all? ok so you can set pretty much everything as you like it, but it's still a completed 9 or 18 hole round.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:56 AM

Practice rounds do not count at all, and there are some flaws in the text.

As an example, your Long Haul standing is 367, Short Haul = 13. They add up to your ranked rounds of 380. No other "rounds in any mode" involved which should be matches and Skins at least.

The rule of thumb for the awards is: "If not stated different, they only take ranked strokeplay into consideration".

N.B. The numbers for the different steps (silver, gold ...) in the Awards section aren't correct sometimes (these two plus Walk In The Park) - see the FAQs for details.

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:09 PM

Thanks.

I wasn't sure how it was all worked out.

RSS