Forums

Help › Forums

18 holes lined up - Wind

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 28 2010 7:12 AM (4 replies)
  • RoSimard
    7 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:48 AM

Just played Kiawah Island 18 holes.  The only way to have the wind in the face for 18 holes in a row is to have the 18 holes in line :) 

Just believe that there is a serious need for improvment on that

I would also like to mention the push/pull put issue.  It is normal to miss the bar a little bit, but not normal to see the put going for the hole and down when you are aiming up by almost 2 squares from 25 feet... It would make sense to calculate the miss from the aiming point; not from the hole.

For those who are going to reply: Like real golf! my answer is: I do not click on a real golf course.

Thanks!

• gpcxii
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 9:47 PM

The wind can be slightly unrealistic, I agree.  I've noticed that on putts and iron shots.  If I aim way left of the hole and miss slightly right of dinging a shot, the ball travels as if I was aiming straight at the hole and missed the ding right.  

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:16 AM

Kinda sorta agree....

Only real issue I've ever had with the wind is from the close approach shot distances ie..... 30-40 yds

Generally, depending on the circumstances I tend to play a full shot from these distances... When the wind effects the ball flight just as much from 30yds as it does from 145yds I tend to have a problem with that....

Only because this game takes pride in its motto/slogan "The most realistic golf game"... Ive never played golf in a hurricane, so I wouldnt know; but would guess that a gale wind might move a ball with a 30yd flight.....

In conclusion.... Meh

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 6:05 AM

First of all the wind does not affect the putting unless you have a putt of 90+ feet. The wind does not affect the ball in this game as much as you think, maybe on SA I would agree but none of the other courses. I would have to say more of it is affected by "The Beast" than by wind. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 7:12 AM

RoSimard:
    I would also like to mention the push/pull put issue.  It is normal to miss the bar a little bit, but not normal to see the put going for the hole and down when you are aiming up by almost 2 squares from 25 feet.

Your "miss the bar a little bit" depends on which side you miss on. You will always, always, always miss your putt if you miss the bar on the down side of the break. Missing on the high side still gives the putt a chance to drop but on the other side forget it.

RSS