Forums

Help › Forums

Old TW08 player (PC) ready to give this a go.......

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:03 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WheresMeNuts
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 2:49 AM

Not sure if this game will match the great times I had playing TW08 on PC for many years,but willing to give it a go.

I used to play for hours & was gutted when EAsports decided to pull the plug on the PC version :-(

Any tips welcome from you guys as I've had this account for a while but never gave the game a chance & decided to give it a go now.

• riskplayer
    253 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:41 AM

Have fun here.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:42 AM

Welcome to WGT dot com

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:16 AM

Welcome aboard and here's a few tips from someone who's been here over 6 years.

Have fun, accept it for what it is (both good and bad) and stay away from any game that involves credits until you find friends and a country club that has members you can trust.

You'll find that people who sandbag and have multiple accounts tend to dominate the WGT sponsored tourneys when you are in the lower tiers. Starting out those competitions are not worth the risk to you. The risk is also not worth it in any betting games (matches, etc.) against strangers. Don't trust that an amateur in tier is an amateur in skills and equipment.

Don't be in a huge hurry to move up in tier. The tiers and levels are somewhat balanced to give you access to proper equipment for where you are at. Too many complaints come from those who move up too quickly without putting in the time and rounds learning the nuances of the game and then find themselves no longer competitive because they don't have enough experience points to qualify for the appropriate equipment.

Other players here in the forums can help you out immensely with computer browsers, settings, equipment and playing suggestions. Much more so than I can. Pay attention to the people who really want to help you and you will get a lot more enjoyment out of this game..

• indianlove
    98 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:34 AM

WheresMeNuts:

Not sure if this game will match the great times I had playing TW08 on PC for many years,but willing to give it a go.

I used to play for hours & was gutted when EAsports decided to pull the plug on the PC version :-(

Any tips welcome from you guys as I've had this account for a while but never gave the game a chance & decided to give it a go now.

i myself was a tw08 player.. you really would have a benefit on reading winds and all.. just be sure to hit the ding

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:43 AM

Unless you're a big spender, be reluctant in spending credits in the Pro Shop. Each level will bring new "best!" equipment which will be bettered a few days and levels later.

From a budget POV, spare your Srixons and use the free ball or WGT custom balls in the beginning, and let your first buy be two short Ping wedges (level 18).

Feel free to ask here about every aspect of the game,

and have fun!!

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 11:01 AM

alosso:

Unless you're a big spender, be reluctant in spending credits in the Pro Shop. Each level will bring new "best!" equipment which will be bettered a few days and levels later.

From a budget POV, spare your Srixons and use the free ball or WGT custom balls in the beginning, and let your first buy be two short Ping wedges (level 18).

Feel free to ask here about every aspect of the game,

and have fun!!

good advise!! but would suggest spending at least 10 credits for the lesser wgt balls, better than the starter as depending on which you try will give you distance or spin, I say spin because thats what you will eventually go too as it will stop a shot or spin it back for you which at higher levels is key ! IMO a decent putter should be next as Putting is the hardest to learn here and to use high credit balls at first is a waste, learn your clubs, shots & putting !   take your time to learn as this is no way TWO !!!!  but enjoyable when you have practiced and found some friends to play & help you !

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 11:36 AM

I agree, but no putter for less than 500 credits :)

• Thelegithockeywi
    7 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 11:37 AM

I have noticed that there must be multi accounters as well. I don't believe that people can shoot 8 under par, on their very first tournament.

It took me multiple tries, and a couple days of practice for my three under. All I can say is, as a new player like yourself, is practice practice practice.

Have funyo, hope to see you on the course some time.

• WheresMeNuts
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:59 PM

Great advice guys & thanks :-)

• PAGES
RSS