Help › Forums

Advice needed please

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:18 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RadioactiveRebel
    36 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:17 AM

I can't say if its the right choice, but I can tell you what I did and plan on doing. I went for the K15s when could buy them and a couple of cleveland wedges and it has worked out very nice. Now it is time to start thinking of my end set since I've reached lvl 67 and this is what I am working on getting to slowly replace my current.

Driver-lvl 67 Callaway XHot 2195 cr. Benefits-slower meter (2bars) good precision and forgiveness (3.5 and 4.5 dots respectively) Drawback-med/high trajectory so may not clear some 'shortcuts' to greens.

3W-lvl81 Ping G20 695cr. Benefits-same meter as driver with 4dots precision and 3 dots forgiveness. Drawback-none really, though the lvl 92 Max is slightly better and slower swing.

Irons-lvl 83 Ping G20 2695cr. Benefits-same meter as driver and wood. Drawbacks-lvl90 R11s have extra dot of spin (4 instead of 3) that could allow for better sticking to high placed holes on tourney greens.

Wedges-lvls 76,78&80 Cleveland wedges 895cr ea. Benefits-4.5dots of spin and better precision at 4.5dots than the Taylormades. Come in ranges of 100, 80 and 60 which fits into a nice spread with the G20 Irons to have the distance choices you need. Drawbacks-Not as forgiving as the higher level Taylormades.

Putter-Currently using the lvl 35 Ghost Spider 800cr and will do so until I think need better, which would probably be if I wanted to use more expensive higher level balls. I've heard don't use balls of higher level than clubs.

Balls-lvl 33 Callaway HEX 250cr. Nice all around ball with good spin(3.5) distance (3.0) and durability(2.5) AND help slow the meter too (2.5 dots of feel.) You WILL want to use better balls than the freebies and should stay with the same ones when pick yours you want to play with.

Total Cost: 8,270cr(not including putter and balls)

Alternatives-The lvl 83 G20 full set plus Cleveland wedges for 7,180cr before selling back the hybrid OR you can wait all the way to lvl 95 and get the Max meter full set and wedges and Cleveland wedges for 9,180cr before selling back the hybrid.

• senec
    252 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:21 AM

I may be wrong but the OP is hoping to receive gifts from someone who will feel pity for the poor guy.

Good luck with that...

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:18 AM

Being at Pro level, Get a Driver and a 3w and a 50 yard wedge and a 64 cent spin ball. you'll be beating legends easily

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:42 AM

DeputyBarneyFife:
    I have my eye on the clubs that become available at Level 94.

Well only 21 levels to go, maybe a year or so!!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:43 AM

DynamiteTommy:
    you'll be beating legends easily

Lol!!

• DeputyBarneyFife
    3 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 12:49 PM

Thank you RadioactiveRebel for the advice and thoroughness of your response. That is what I was looking for. I was not aware of being able to sell back anything until now either. To those of you who gave serious answers trying to be helpful thank you all very much. I wasn't aware of any way to gift anything but that was not why I asked, don't know why one of you thought it was necessary to mention that.

To those of you who thought this was a good time to show your "wit", well.... you failed...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 1:24 PM

DynamiteTommy:

Being at Pro level, Get a Driver and a 3w and a 50 yard wedge and a 64 cent spin ball. you'll be beating legends easily

• acebishop
    116 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 3:03 PM

DeputyBarneyFife, I would get some friends and join an active CC.  Then your game will really be enhanced and a lot more fun.

At our CC we have our own chat room to set up alt shot games and match games.  We have our own Bracket Tourny.

I dont play that good, but I have a lot of fun here with golf friends and the CC.

Just my 2 cents.

Ace

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:15 AM

DeputyBarneyFife:

Thank you RadioactiveRebel for the advice and thoroughness of your response. That is what I was looking for. I was not aware of being able to sell back anything until now either. To those of you who gave serious answers trying to be helpful thank you all very much. I wasn't aware of any way to gift anything but that was not why I asked, don't know why one of you thought it was necessary to mention that.

To those of you who thought this was a good time to show your "wit", well.... you failed...

Dude if u buy clubs on here and then sell them back u get raped worse than a prison inmate if i was u id get what i wanted to use for a long time but if your just gonna do practice rounds no real point in even getting clubs 

• RadioactiveRebel
    36 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:18 AM

spdemon:

Dude if u buy clubs on here and then sell them back u get raped worse than a prison inmate if i was u id get what i wanted to use for a long time but if your just gonna do practice rounds no real point in even getting clubs 

While its true the sell back option stinks, it does return a little. The reason I mentioned it was because 3 wedges is preferred by many by dropping the hybrid and its cheaper to buy the set and sell back the hybrid than buy as individual items. Take the lvl 83 G20 set as example. If you buy just the driver, wood and irons it will run you 5,085cr. The set is 4,495cr and you can sell the hybrid back for a small return.

• PAGES
RSS