Help › Forums

New User

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:52 AM (4 replies)
  • bryn170651
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:11 PM

wow !!

These posts are really offputting for a new user...please help !!

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:27 PM

Hi Bryn.

The game is great fun, in my opinion, just requires patience.

Forums are forums, they are the same everywhere. There is some help, and a lot of BS to filter through.

Just remember the game is not the forum :)

Basically: the game is very realistic, no two shots are every the same. There are a lot of subtleties to the game. It has a steep learning curve if you progress though the tiers to fast, so play the difficult courses, Oakmont and Bethpage (ranked) as well as the easier ones, and don't quit out if you get a bad round, it will tip your average towards promotion too quickly. Replace the beginners clubs with the free starters that are in your bag ( you may not get these 'till you reach amateur, I'm not sure, they may be there already). Better clubs mean better accuracy.

There is sometimes a meter stutter problem, it sometimes skips (on some PCs). If it does, let it go, don't click the hit, you'll be able to swing again. Also, if you get the stutter problem, hold the shot at full backswing for about 3 secs, then let go. this usually gives the programme time to settle down and give a smooth swing.

Anything else you need to know, use the search box on the right, or post in the forum, you'll usually get a solution to your problem.

Good luck and have fun : )

Valrec

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:46 PM

bryn170651:

wow !!

Hi Bryn, to which posts do you refer?

Most here are helpful, most here are willing to take the time to explain to you the ins and outs of the game and the environs.

Of course there's the occasional grumpy, sarcastic lot who have been here and seen it all enough times to be jaded  (guilty as charged) and there are the folks who have taken the wrong turn and are disillusioned and angry...

But most are decent folks and would be willing to help out in a pinch.

Besides, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.... Oh, and "Where's the beef?"... that one was pretty stupid.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:52 PM

bryn170651:

wow !!

Really?  I didn't notice it.  The general flow is that if you don't make stupid complaints you don't get the offputting posts...

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:52 AM

Snaike:
    Besides, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.... Oh, and "Where's the beef?"... that one was pretty stupid.

Don't forget this question:

"411 City and state please?"

"El Paso, Texas."

"And the listing you are trying to reach?"

"Yes ma'am, can you give me the number to 911?"

RSS