Forums

Help › Forums

9/11

Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:40 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:24 AM

It has been 12 years now since this tragic event took place.I will not be spouting off any rants about what i think of the people who done this,as it's not about them!! I'ts about remembering all the innocent victims of this tragic event.My heart goes out to all those Families that lost loved ones that dark day. 

Russell

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:32 AM

Very true, l can actually remember watching the 2nd plane hit live on the news, l had been to work and had just returned to the car for the short drive home while listening to the radio and to be honest was wondering what the DJ was talking about, thought for a moment he was joking, couldn't and still to this day find it hard to believe what l saw.

russellfahey:

It has been 12 years now since this tragic event took place.I will not be spouting off any rants about what i think of the people who done this,as it's not about them!! I'ts about remembering all the innocent victims of this tragic event.My heart goes out to all those Families that lost loved ones that dark day. 

Russell

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:35 AM

lts a great picture, l think we should all stick it on our profile as a tribute!

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 6:29 AM

hyena64:

And while we remember those families & friends who lost loved ones that fateful day; let's not forget the fearless & selfless souls who toiled for hours on end in the recovery effort, only now to be diagnosed with numerous & mostly fatal diseases.  

They too gave all for the sake of others!          God Bless us all.               :-)

+1

Russell

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 6:36 AM

russellfahey:

hyena64:

And while we remember those families & friends who lost loved ones that fateful day; let's not forget the fearless & selfless souls who toiled for hours on end in the recovery effort, only now to be diagnosed with numerous & mostly fatal diseases.  

They too gave all for the sake of others!          God Bless us all.               :-)

+1

Russell

Also +1

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:37 AM

That same year, i paid a visit to the Twin Towers on St Patrick's weekend. It was something i made sure i did at the time, and i was chuffed when i finally got to see them.

When it happened, i was in work. I thought it was a joke until somebody else told me about it. I was gutted. I have so many good memories from my time in the US, and this changed my outlook on life.

To all who lost a loved one, you are in my thoughts.

• petethepup
    204 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:50 AM

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:03 PM

• PAGES
RSS