Forums

Help › Forums

9/11

Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:40 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TexanCajun
    74 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:10 PM

This was a truly sad day to say the least. Although I had no connection to anyone there, I still felt as if it were my family and friends that gave their lives in that senseless tragedy. The tireless and unselfish efforts of all the first responders were highly commendable. They will always have a special place in my heart. The world became united as one that day, and really renewed my faith in humanity. I also felt proud to be a part of a world that brought back days of old when people were willing to help each other.........Joe

• Fencer100
    2,064 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:51 PM

I share your pain. I lost my younger brother on 9/11 and this is what I like to play for him and me. We were very close and even after this time I miss him so much,can still hear his voice and his laugh rings in my head when I think of something he would have thought funny.

Anyway this piece of music seems to kind of fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tEMRqkCXw

Beautiful,and takes me to a nice place

Fencer100

• AlanIce
    245 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:52 PM

PEACE.....

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:40 AM

Hard to believe it is 12 years....still clearly recall watching it all unfold on TV at work with all the staff in disbelief.....

A lot of people lost a lot that day and I thought I would recount one incident that happened....

A very close friend of my mother's & our family who lived & worked in Boston decided to fly to LA with her young daughter (my mother's godchild) & best friend for some R & R. Her best friend was unable to get on the same flight so took the next flight.  

It turned out that both planes that they boarded were the planes that flew into both towers....as my mother's friend's plane hit one of the towers her brother who lives in NJ happened to be standing in the lobby of that tower & oblivious to the fact that his sister & niece were in that plane.....

We remember them as if it were yesterday and still expect to see them every year......

It is important that 9/11 is not forgotten & that those who lost loved ones still get the support they need.....

• PAGES
RSS