Help › Forums

Waiting

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:29 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 7:29 PM

You know what would be great, if someone could have the patience enough to wait more than 30 seconds for another player to load up entering a game.  Some people just do not have lightning fast internet connections.  Give them a minute to load.  Yes, I am responsible for some wait time (sometimes), and sometimes not.  However, if you leave the round before it starts because it took me 26 seconds to load, you are just impatient and I prob would not like you anyways.

Yokosaki

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 9:34 PM

amen

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 9:12 AM

yokosaki:
    you are just impatient and I prob would not like you anyways.

You know that after waiting for 30 seconds to load, a person might think that you have disconnected, which is not a wild thing to think. I would suggest that instead of judging us, you get a internet connection suited to playing games. Where is it written that we must cater to you who have a dial up connection. Cmon, get real, you have a slow connection and that is your choice, we also have a choice and that is to find someone who is not selfish enough to think that someone will wait for you

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:45 PM

x1524807:
    Cmon, get real, you have a slow connection and that is your choice, we also have a choice and that is to find someone who is not selfish enough to think that someone will wait for you

Yeah, I think X is right Saki. That post was a bit pretentious. Everything can't be pleasing to all human beings, even a shot timer.  : )

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:47 PM

I have fast internet connection and play match and multiplayer with my friends. The are times I have seen the course loading to take almost a minute. And by the way, some people cannot afford a fast connection or live where one is not available. Case closed.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:49 PM

duffer66:
    people cannot afford a fast connectio
    "

if you have a slow internet and cannot afford a fast, you have 2 choices,

1--get a faster one

2-do not complain when someone does not want to wait for your connection to connect. I have comcast cable connection, and connect within 2 seconds. I feel badly that you cannot afford a fast connection, but I feel more sorry for little kids going to bed hungry. Please do not use  "I cannot afford fast connection", you were able to buy a computer. Enough of this, find another game to play instead of hoping we will wait forever for your connection

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:43 AM

I was just stating that if you can't wait 30 seconds for me to load, I prob. wouldn't want to play with you anyways.  (BTW) I have cable internet and it works just fine.  I do not want anyone to cater to me, nor do I expect it.  The only thing I expect is the unexpected, like being spoken to in a disrespectful manner over a comment about patience and (30 seconds).

Love always, Yokosaki 

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 8:06 AM

x1524807:
    Cmon, get real, you have a slow connection and that is your choice, we also have a choice and that is to find someone who is not selfish enough to think that someone will wait for you
    x1524807:
    You know that after waiting for 30 seconds to load, a person might think that you have disconnected, which is not a wild thing to think

wow      and  I am sure if your microwave popcorn takes too  you get annoyed too,  and  waiting for a stoplight,  probly gets you cussing the street light!

Patience is a virtue,  this is a society that expects everything in a split second,  slow down enjoy the ride,  revel in the beauty of life and  DONT assume everyone that takes more then ten seconds to load has a dial up connection! Some days  mine loads right away,, others it takes forever,  who knows why.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 9:15 AM

wizbang360:
       wow      and  I am sure if your microwave popcorn takes too  you get annoyed too,  and  waiting for a stoplight,  probly gets you cussing the street light!

no, I am smart enough to know that it takes about 3 min for my popcorn, but not smart enough to know if this player has a slow connection, or has decided to disconnect, WHICH HAPPENS OFTEN. I think 30 seconds is enough time to allow a player to connect, and does not make sense to sit around trying to figure out what the problem is.

We have thousands of players to engage with, why must we wait for those who have decided to have a cheap internet provider. Those same people spend many dollars buying clubs, balls and putters trying to tell all their friends that they are "masters", lol

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:14 PM

I can see now why I would not want to befriend you. 

By the way, since when did 26 seconds become ((FOREVER)).

• PAGES
RSS