Forums

Help › Forums

meter problem on draw

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 22 2013 11:12 PM (9 replies)
  • 19robert55
    42 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:20 AM

Was wondering if anyone was having problems with their meter releasing while you are in the middle of a draw to take a shot.  Mine has been doing this for days now .  Not all the time but when it does its impossible to finish game.  I've lost 2 balls In 2 days because of this at $1.00 a peace.  Not to mention the games lost.  Anyone any suggestion.. 

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:04 AM

There are 2 or 3 things that could cause this and most of them are on our end. 

If you have a wireless mouse it could be weak batteries or misaligned receiver. But most often what I find that causes this with any type of mouse it that the mouse is simply wearing out. The contacts on the inside of even the best mouse eventually start to wear out. When this happens you lose contact with the contact and the game reads it as a click, what I call a false click. And with this game as often as we click the left mouse button the contacts wear out quicker than they might normally. This happened to me a few weeks ago with my Razer Death Adder. My Razer Death Adder had been used for over 5000 rounds. That is a whole lot of left clicks.

I went back to my old Logitech gaming mouse and the problem was solved. One good way to test it and find out for sure that it is your contacts is to go into Windows mouse settings and switch buttons. Using the right button in place of the left. If the problem leaves then it is a worn mouse. If the problem persists then the problem is elsewhere. I hope this helps. 

Joe

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:22 AM

i believe there is also a 15 sec limit  ...

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:27 AM

19robert55:
    Was wondering if anyone was having problems with their meter releasing while you are in the middle of a draw to take a shot.
    Yes.

If you want a more precise answer to your problem, please describe it more precisely.

Add your browser name and Flash version.

• 19robert55
    42 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:30 PM

borntobesting:

There are 2 or 3 things that could cause this and most of them are on our end. 

If you have a wireless mouse it could be weak batteries or misaligned receiver. But most often what I find that causes this with any type of mouse it that the mouse is simply wearing out. The contacts on the inside of even the best mouse eventually start to wear out. When this happens you lose contact with the contact and the game reads it as a click, what I call a false click. And with this game as often as we click the left mouse button the contacts wear out quicker than they might normally. This happened to me a few weeks ago with my Razer Death Adder. My Razer Death Adder had been used for over 5000 rounds. That is a whole lot of left clicks.

I went back to my old Logitech gaming mouse and the problem was solved. One good way to test it and find out for sure that it is your contacts is to go into Windows mouse settings and switch buttons. Using the right button in place of the left. If the problem leaves then it is a worn mouse. If the problem persists then the problem is elsewhere. I hope this helps. 

Joe

At first I didn't think it was my mouse as to it wasn't messing up anywhere else.  but decided to buy a new one anyway. Must say u were right and thank you it took care of it as far as I can see..  Any advice on disconnects.   lol  thank you much

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:53 AM

19robert55:
    At first I didn't think it was my mouse as to it wasn't messing up anywhere else.  but decided to buy a new one anyway. Must say u were right and thank you it took care of it as far as I can see..  Any advice on disconnects.   lol  thank you much

You're welcome. As for disconnects I have so few I don't know unless it is a problem with your ISP.

• llehctim007
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 16 2013 6:27 PM

what problem did the new mouse fix?

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2013 1:17 AM

19robert55:
      Any advice on disconnects.   lol  thank you much

One thing I've found is that one's DSL modem or home WiFi can slowly drift out of whack, or your incoming phone line can get electrically noisy, and 'lose synch' with WGT. I've had both issues pop up. 

Modem/Wi-fi issues can usually be prevented or resolved by periodically (once every few weeks or so) pulling the power to the modem/WiFi, leave it powered down for at least 20 - 30 seconds, power it back up, then re-establish communication from your computer to the net.

For the noisy line problem (can you hear static on your phone when in use?) call your phone company service number. They will come out and check your line quality, and may be able to resolve the issue by assigning a new line pair to your residence. If the issue is outside your house, it's their responsibility to fix it. If the issue is in your house's phone wiring the fix may or may not be on your dime, depending on company policy or your phone plan.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Sep 17 2013 11:21 AM

llehctim007:

The meter starting on its own without releasing the button. Simply caused by worn out contacts inside the mouse. 

• 19robert55
    42 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2013 11:12 PM

borntobesting:

llehctim007:

The meter starting on its own without releasing the button. Simply caused by worn out contacts inside the mouse. 

yeap that as it

RSS