Forums

Help › Forums

Putting grids.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:28 AM (8 replies)
  • Crowfl56
    35 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 5:54 AM

Ok, trust me this isn't my first or last golf game.  I am used to the grid system in golf game's.

Please explain why, if you are putting on a supposed to be flat green surface, you need 11 ft to the hole, you stroke 12 ft and your ball goes 6 ft. wtf is that????????????

This is constant, same with downhill or uphill slopes.  You adjust your ball speed best you can and realize there is some difference's, ie slow, standard, or fast green's, and u adjust for these. But to me there are impossible situations in game.  Downhill 15 ft and not showing a cliff, you hit your putt 12-13 ft and go by the hole 20 ft.  COME ON this is stupid.

I have also watched all the video's they don't help in the least.

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:58 AM

This is the way I calculate putts:

(Distance + 2) x (Green Speed) +/- (Elevation Change)

For a 30 putt on Tourney Greens 5 inches below:

32 x .7 - 5 = I hit that 30 foot putt 17.5 feet.

Green Speeds:

Champ: .6
    Tournament: .7
    Very Fast: .8
    Fast: .9
    Standard: 1
    Slow: 1.1 

• bredboston
    11 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:30 PM

very helpful and i will try it out!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:14 PM

Crowfl56:

Ok, trust me this isn't my first or last golf game.  I am used to the grid system in golf game's.

Please explain why, if you are putting on a supposed to be flat green surface, you need 11 ft to the hole, you stroke 12 ft and your ball goes 6 ft. wtf is that????????????

This is constant, same with downhill or uphill slopes.  You adjust your ball speed best you can and realize there is some difference's, ie slow, standard, or fast green's, and u adjust for these. But to me there are impossible situations in game.  Downhill 15 ft and not showing a cliff, you hit your putt 12-13 ft and go by the hole 20 ft.  COME ON this is stupid.

Considering u only have 18 ranked rounds in bro i wouldnt say its stupid but try the putting post above and c how it works it takes alot of practice to get the hang of putting ive been trying since i started lol and not only do the green speeds matter but the course as well just something you will have to get a feel for with time and practice 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:53 PM

Go over there to the forum pages---------------------------------------------->

Look up Nivlacs and Stonecold  killers putting tips/formula in game tips also there is Golds putting guide, if you cant find them use the search bar, you will find what you need.

There are loads of great tips on speeds and breaks from others too, it will take some reading but you will get there eventually!! 

Crowfl56:

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:54 PM

dang dude...

i don't mind helping anyone... IF they ask... 

but ...for 1 thing... this is NOT a KIDDIE game .... its designed to be hard BY  golfer's FOR golfer's ...

You are going to need a GIANT box of tissues ...if you are planning on comming here,,,  cry'n & whining.... ... hoping that's going to make you better... 

GOOGLE this... HOW TO ASK FOR HELP ... 

... here ya go....,, its a start... a chart for your putter is on this thread...... there is lots of other valuable info also... 

try' askin.... 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/80998.aspx?PageIndex=1

peace... 

• FalconBlue
    222 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:38 PM

thanks juggss6.  This is very accurate for distances..... if I could only hit the ding! I could score!..lol

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 12:11 AM

As a TM, you might want to invest in a custom putter with the benefit of a slower meter. Many good ones available from 500 credits up ;)

• FalconBlue
    222 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:28 AM

Thanks alosso for the advice.  : )  I have a Ping Anser but I've been using the starter putter lately.  I'll look into it.

RSS