Lip Outs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 19 2015 1:19 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • quakerdarlo
    7,058 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:01 AM

So frustrated lately that i have 2 post

What is it with all these lip outs, i dont mind missing a bad putt, but when i know its bang on line & pace, then last millisecond it hits edge(even tho 90% of ball is still inside the cup) n shoots further away than where i started from??

If its a "vem, deviation, realistic thing" then fine...but its funny how its more often on a birdie putt, is it to keep the scores up for realism ??

All i know is that its doin me hed in & the 2 or 3 decent shots i hit 2 leave that birdie chance mean jacksh*t  nemore when i finish up with bogie

Q :- ((((

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:10 AM

quakerdarlo:

...but its funny how its more often on a birdie putt, is it to keep the scores up for realism ??

Aint that the truth. I can knock em in from 30 feet for par, but miss them from 6 feet for bird, unreal.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:13 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

quakerdarlo:

...but its funny how its more often on a birdie putt, is it to keep the scores up for realism ??

Aint that the truth. I can knock em in from 30 feet for par, but miss them from 6 feet for bird, unreal.

Strange, i'm having the same issues....!  My putting sucks as it is, without this added to it...

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 3:05 PM

Nuthin' strange about it folks, it's just good ol' WGT messin' with your game, usually accompanied by the "realism" of  ball movement that stutters more than Porky Pig as it veers away from where you aimed it. Sad to say , in their attempts to combat cheat programs, WGT once again misses the mark and penalizes honest players. Solution ?Wake up & hire some damn cheaters to do your programming, WGT.

Doc :(

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 4:49 AM

I think I have found a work around for the lip out problem.... putt the ball into the hole instead of missing. 

Feel free to comment, I welcome the debate that all revolutionary ideas create...

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:44 AM

Thanks for that very insightful tip Paul. I'm sure the minions that have no issue with how the game plays will put it to good use. However, for the delusional few ( such as myself ) who have met with "the man behind the curtain", we'd prefer he keep his hands to himself, and leave our game alone.

Doc :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:54 AM

drmoose:

Thanks for that very insightful tip Paul. I'm sure the minions that have no issue with how the game plays will put it to good use. However, for delusional few ( such as myself ) who have met with "the man behind the curtain", we'd prefer he keep his hands to himself, and leave our game alone.

All great ideas get immediately dismissed, try it for a few days then get back to me.  

From this

To this

I'm just foolin' around, if only it was that simple.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:32 AM

I hear ya, lol, That makes two of us.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:44 AM

No lip-out problems here. I'm extremely adept at missing the hole completely when I putt. :)

• Astondb5
    33 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2015 7:14 AM

The lip out problem has increased recently, maybe? coinciding with the new tiers, champion and tour champion. I am now experiencing a minimum of one a round. I check the replay after and a number are full ball in side the cup lip outs which seems strange. I don't get angry. I just send witty comments, such as, I'm glad that you work for WGT and not for Boeing

• PAGES
RSS