Help › Forums

Lip Outs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 19 2015 1:19 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JHopp217
    106 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 2:52 AM

If I have anything good about my game, it's putting. Up until that update two or maybe three Wednesdays ago, my putting was winning me most matches. Now, I'm a disaster. I had one game I lipped out 3 putts from inside 10 feet. I don't think I'd done that in a month before. I've also noticed it doesn't happen on birdies or pars necessarily, but when I'm playing a WGT Member. 

I played one guy and was putting for the match and we both are convinced the ball rolled directly over the hole. He ended up winning on the last hole and apologized. Even he said "I'm a member and I've seen some weird stuff...always in my favor against non members." 

WGT needs to let us folks who can't spend $$$ on imaginary golf bags and clubs a break. I wish there were leagues where everyone had to use stock equipment. I'd love to see these "Legends' and WGT Flag bearers beat anyone. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:08 AM

JHopp217:
    If I have anything good about my game, it's putting.

You sure about that? One putt = 27.57%

JHopp217:
    I've also noticed it doesn't happen on birdies or pars necessarily, but when I'm playing a WGT Member. 

JHopp217:
    He ended up winning on the last hole and apologized. Even he said "I'm a member and I've seen some weird stuff...always in my favor against non members." 

JHopp217:
    WGT needs to let us folks who can't spend $$ on imaginary golf bags and clubs a break. I wish there were leagues where everyone had to use stock equipment. I'd love to see these "Legends' and WGT Flag bearers beat anyone. 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 5:41 AM

Astondb5:

The lip out problem has increased recently, maybe? coinciding with the new tiers, champion and tour champion. I am now experiencing a minimum of one a round. I check the replay after and a number are full ball in side the cup lip outs which seems strange. I don't get angry. I just send witty comments, such as, I'm glad that you work for WGT and not for Boeing

A "lipout" is simply a missed putt that the player refuses to assume responsibility.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 6:59 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    A "lipout" is simply a missed putt that the player refuses to assume responsibility.

And 99% of the time it's a speed issue--hit it too hard and the side doors of the cup close. Although I, too, have seen a large number of lipouts lately. Not sure it's connected to the update that introduced the new tiers but it's noticeable if you play a lot.  Slow down!  :-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 7:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    I, too, have seen a large number of lipouts

Yup, abnormal amount of late......had 7 in one UEL practice round alone.

Andy

• JHopp217
    106 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 12:44 AM

5000+ posts. 

So exactly how much of a loser does one have to be to post 5000 times on a golf simulation game website? Please, explain to me, what level of life one has, to sit and comment 5000+ times on a message board for a video game. 

Also, you'd think an expert such as yourself would be able to see that stats are only counted for stroke play and 99% of my play is match play. But forget that. Let's get back to you for a minute. Seriously, when you replied to this, with pictures, you must have been beaming with pride. You probably hi-fived all your friends, oh wait, 5000+ posts on a golf simulation game. I'm pretty sure, this is your only friend.

Good Luck in life PaulTon, oh wait, you need to get one first. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 1:19 AM

Anyone who has been here any length of time knows every once in awhile they tighten the game up for a few days...nobody ever makes a post about the match they won, or low scores they are posting when all those putts are falling in....including me!

• PAGES
RSS