Forums

Help › Forums

sound suggestions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:35 AM (4 replies)
  • mvinas
    7 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:24 AM

Good afternoon, i would like to suggest that nature sounds be added. Things like birds, the surf on the ocean, crowds in tournament play, etc. Love the game. Regards, MVA

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:28 PM

That is a nice idea, mvinas, but I'm afraid that you'll find a fair amount of players ready to disagree with you.

It has been proven that the very sound of friends and invitations can cause the game swing meter to stutter and jump.  Should WGT voluntarily add a soundtrack to make the game even more jumpy?  Probably not.

Unless it could be done in such a way as to not affect the swing meter, it shouldn't be done.

Having said all that, I think it's a great suggestion.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:51 AM

How about snowflakes in the winter?

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:56 AM

wot's snowflakes don't get them here

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:35 AM

Snaike:
     Should WGT voluntarily add a soundtrack to make the game even more jumpy?  Probably not.

A background sound track is already there.  If I monitor my sound card, I see sound indications coming out of the Flash plug in when I'm just standing on the tee box and not swinging.  I hear something coming from the speakers with the game ambient sound level turned way up.  Its just what I'll call "white noise" right now, it does change amplitude a bit, I can see that on my sound card monitor.  The background sound track goes completely away when I look at the scorecard.  And the background sound is present during a meter swing.

Here's a screen shot showing the sound originating from the Firefox Flash plug-in:

In my opinion it would be easy for WGT to change the background ambient sound track from "white noise" to birds, wind, ocean, even crickets or crowd noise.  I think they've already built it into the game and are not using it to its full extent.

Its already running during the swing, so I think it wouldn't make the swing meter stutter any worse than it is.  And I'd surmise WGT could test whether or not the sound affects the meter just by turning off the background sound track that is currently playing.

To hear the background sound, go to the Audio tab in the Game Options and move the music/ambient volume slider all the way to the right and click Save.  You might need to turn your speakers up also.

Its there already, why would they have an ambient sound volume control if it wasn't?

RSS