Help › Forums

still can't play

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:57 AM (8 replies)
  • leafer33
    14 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2013 9:09 PM

Hi folks

So I've turned off my pop up blockers on my desktop computer and still cant play, I have tried a lot of things. I have Mcafee for security and have tried turning things off to try to play. The same thing comes up evry tyme," Navigation to this web page has been cancelled". I am totally at a loss?? My laptop works no problem with the pop up blocker on but cant do anything with my main desktop pc.Thanks for the help

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 12:37 AM

leafer33:

Hi folks

So I've turned off my pop up blockers on my desktop computer and still cant play, I have tried a lot of things. I have Mcafee for security and have tried turning things off to try to play. The same thing comes up evry tyme," Navigation to this web page has been cancelled". I am totally at a loss?? My laptop works no problem with the pop up blocker on but cant do anything with my main desktop pc.Thanks for the help

I won't say what you need to do regarding your security suite, but in my personal experience mcafee is too laggy and controlling. remove it completely and installing something passive.

-wgticon

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 2:10 AM

My experience is that McAfee and Norton are a total pain. There are free programs available that are far better than both of them. A.V.G. and Avast, for example, out perform both of the above.I use A.V.G. and it is never intrusive and I never have any issues in WGT with it.

• JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 2:25 AM

I use McAfee and have had no problems, touch wood. I hope I haven't jinxied myself by saying that lol.

I do use a laptop, so I don't know about your desktop. McAfee came as part of my broadband package. I've used the free versions of AVG and Avast. They are very good.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:33 AM

hyena64:
    McAfee & Norton aren't worth having at all IMO

McAfee Total Protection rocks.....

It's like wearing a virtual condom.

I visit dodgey sites on a daily basis and never been caught with my pants down ever :)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:38 AM

thebigeasy707:
    I visit dodgey sites on a daily basis and never been caught with my pants down ever :)

LMFAO

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:42 AM

Creature of habit I guess.  Used Norton since I first got on the home PC bandwagon with a super fast P350mhz and a whoppin 17 gig hard drive with the latest V92 ? 56kbps modem card.  Now use Norton all round on all my devices.  Never had anything other than things running just as advertised, and I am no saint either:)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 6:57 AM

It seems we all develop a sort spot for what we get used to and know works for us.They are all popular programs for a reason, I suppose it's down to how well you manage your settings.

A.V.G. has never let me down and I visit a torrentful of sites.    ;o)

RSS