Forums

Help › Forums

User-created (and current CC) tournaments

Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:28 AM (3 replies)
  • slor
    902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:56 AM

Just wanted to start up a thread on what we want to see in user-created tournaments (see road map in Announcements and News) My reasonable wish-list:

1. The creator should have to play a fee to create the tournament. This will stop a crazy, out of control, proliferation of tournaments with only 1-2 players completing a round. <edit> Or on the flipside, the organiser gets a small cut of the entry fees. Time is money, no?
    2. The creator should be able to 'sponsor' the tournament with prize credits or gifts instead of and/or in addition to entry fees
    3. Limiting the tournament by tier, or pre-setting the tees
    4. Limiting the tournament to certain countries, continents, or within a defined distance from the creator's location
    5. There should be an earnings leaderboard for all tournaments created by the same user or within the same country club (month, year-to-date, career)
    6. Tournament forum or comment area
    7. 'Flash tournaments' of <2 hours duration
    8. Multiround tournaments

And my unreasonable wish-list:

1. I know, handicapped play is coming...
    2. Multiplayer tournaments - automatic pairing of players (this would only work with flash tournaments I think). Wait in the lobby for another player to sign up...
    3. Match play tournaments. But allow for other options than single-elimination 'brackets' e.g. double elimination, or football world cup - style groups
    4. Ryder-cup or Omega World Cup style tournaments creating teams from the same CC, country, or some complicated algorithm clustering players together by geographic location or an even spread of handicaps. This would require a foursomes or fourball option.
    5. <edit> Paypal integration for actual money wagering

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:05 AM

I'm liking all of those ideas Slor.

My ideas:

A setting on CC tourney where the tourney can be opened to 'Just my CC', 'My CC and x CC', 'Open to all CCs' - This would mean making inter-CC tourneys a hell of a lot easier.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:26 AM

No to number 1 and 4 for me. Specially 4, the dark days of only americans and brits being able to play in tournaments are now over. Don't bring them back again, whatever you do.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:28 AM

Actually, re-reading the list, I'm against No.1. 'Some' of us would like to run a tourney but wouldn't be able to afford to run one.

RSS