New course in October?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 7:00 AM (31 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:18 PM

zagraniczniak:

tcmae:
    If they partner up with the PGA, it can bring the PGA Virtual Major Championship, and the will give WGT hosting virtual championships for 3 of the 4 major championships in golf.

Then the Masters will HAVE to partner with WGT if it still wants to be considered a major!

I don't think the pga / Wgt partnership will happen. EASports has had an affiliation with the PGA for many many years. The first EASports PGA Tour golf game was in the mid 90's And all the packaging of those games had the official PGA logo and the disk based games still have that logo. It would be great if it did happen but I don't see EASports letting that affiliation get away from them. They have too much to lose if that happened.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:29 PM

You would be right Sting. I went rounds with tibbets over that subject almost a year ago. It's about as likely as Augusta coming to WGT.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:02 AM

I still think they should go after the European Tour...Not a huge fan but there are some great courses overseas and EA limits itself mostly to US courses. Augusta has stated they will never allow their course to be gamed. You have a better chance at getting camera's into the US Supreme court than gaming Augusta...

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:11 AM

Sargenjd01:
    I still think they should go after the European Tour...Not a huge fan

Exactly! The European tour should be on WGT because it will raise the profile of the tour in the rest of the world. Not to mention there are probably lots of cool courses they play on that aren't well-known elsewhere.

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 7:33 PM

Unfortunately this looks like it'll be very likely a CTTH competition instead of Stroke Play because I've heard that WGT have no intent to make Pinehurst #8 and Wolf Creek stroke play courses. Nevertheless, it's still good news because there could be more stroke play courses in the future.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 6:23 AM

Speaking of the European tour, has anyone played the new CTTH? It's the KLM Open Tournament at Hilversumsche Golf Club in the Netherlands. It's a beautiful course. Play now and check out the great prizes.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:08 AM

Hilversumsche ... cool, but how did this one slip in under the radar?

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 3:50 PM

If they did join up with the European Tour it would be sweet, especially as the European Tour play just about everywhere in the World these days. Would be interesting to see which courses they may pick. Somewhere like Valderrama would be great, as would Crans-sur-Sierre in Switzerland, such a beautiful course.

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:34 AM

I remember Sawgrass was in that game...and I believe wherever they played the Greater Hartford Open in CT, lol.  

Craig Stadler was a BEAST in that game.

• Shankohhriea
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:52 AM

The course i want the most would be something along the lines of Shinnecock or Pebble beach

RSS