Help › Forums

From Green to Orange

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 6 2018 1:14 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • boiswood
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:47 AM

Today my colour went from Green to Orange, because people quit and the the games (4) crashed and I had to reboot to get back in....this has been happening all this week (sometimes I have been disqualified for leaving the game that crashed three times).....why people can not forfeit, i do not know....WGT should ban there people from playing for a certain period after a certain number of 'quits'. So far today I finished one game......I'm tired and going to beb!!!!

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:05 AM

Sorry, can't help you.

From a general view, there have been more of such posts lately of players who deem themselves innocent in the disconnections. In belief that they are no quitters, it may indicate a higher number of inadvertive disconnects (why?), and add to the impression that there is a growing number of innocent victims to the completion marks, taking relevance from the colours.

• johehejo
    279 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:27 AM

My colour went from green to Orange too.

Play 30 Blitz with a friend - and dont drop any Blitz Game - and now my button is green! ;)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:30 AM

Mr Boiswood. You belong to a very good country club and you have a number of friends. If you play more of those people and less strangers you'll get to finish a lot more games. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:18 AM

I haven't encountered a quitter in more than a year and I still play 'strangers' regularly in Alt. Shot. Other players having discon problems is still a regular occurrence though and obviously beyond my control. But not enough to effect my completion ratio.

• boiswood
    6 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:48 AM

thank you Coutneneyfish, your advice is very good....yes the CC is very good.

• boiswood
    6 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:54 AM

Thank you alosso,   I have just had the same problem again, the other player kept disconnecting ( perhaps problem his system) then WGT posted the the game over due to technical problems and to try again.....which I did and twice the game continued.....then the third time I was told that I had disconnect 3 tomes and I was out of the game.....I was winning -2 at the time.....and this is not the first time this has happened.....I suppose my colour status will be recorded as quitting????

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:54 AM

boiswood:
    I suppose my colour status will be recorded as quitting????
    No. It will be recorded as "not completed" at the risk of a downgrade.

• boiswood
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 3:16 AM

Thank you fror your replies alosso....can I ask you a question (I know it will sound stupid) but what is this GIR% that appears with each profile?   THANK YOU

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:01 AM

boiswood:

Thank you fror your replies alosso....can I ask you a question (I know it will sound stupid) but what is this GIR% that appears with each profile?   THANK YOU

GIR %-Greens in regulations .states on how many times you hit on the greens

• PAGES
RSS