Help › Forums

And another lost ball thanks to the meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:39 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:02 AM

Thanks WGT. That makes an even 3 for the last week. Top notch work.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 1:35 PM

I USED to have terrible meter problems.  Then, I downloaded a free version of "CCleaner.com".  It's a quick scan program...takes 20 to 30 seconds max.  It gets rid of cookies and about 25 different types of junk that can mess with your METER. 

I do a scan before 18 holes....then, I run another scan after the 9th hole (just to keep my computer clean).

I highly recommend you at least TRY this program.....If you don't feel It's helpful, just delete the program.

Bob

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 1:57 PM

None of that seems to make a difference. I switch browsers, clear cache, run CC, use boost, don't use boost. The last 3-4 months have been particularly bad with the slide after hit or early phantom stops . I just lost number 4. This is really pissing me off. One thing is for certain, I'm not buying anything more expensive than basic Callys from now on. Not worth it. As soon as I hit the next tier, I'm done unless WGT gets this fixed.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 5:25 PM

I guess I don't understand (Thudman69).......you've hit nearly 2,900 rounds over the past 3 years.....are very close to making it to Tour Legend.....and suddenly you're having "meter issues"???

I tend to understand though.....seems like after I buy several expensive Nike balls....suddenly, I start losing balls.....ponds or out of bounds.

But.....that CClean.com scanning program sure cleared up my bad meter problem.  It cleans out "everything" in 20 to 30 seconds......all of cache, history, cookies.....everything that could interfere with allowing your meter to run smoothly.

I think maybe WGT will explain to you.....that it's NOT them....it's your computer or your server, etc.  Maybe you should contact their "Customer Service" and ask for their help.  You have invested a lot of time and money in WGT.....surely they will want to help you resolve your meter problem.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:48 PM

BOBTX61:
    I think maybe WGT will explain to you.....that it's NOT them....it's your computer or your server, etc.  Maybe you should contact their "Customer Service" and ask for their help.  You have invested a lot of time and money in WGT.....surely they will want to help you resolve your meter problem.
    Me thinks that you describe a perfect rat race...
    BOBTX61:
    I think maybe WGT will explain to you.....that it's NOT them....it's your computer or your server, etc.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:33 AM

Personally I endorse Bobs advice, as meter issues are usually at your end. I monitor my CPU as I play, and will sometimes have to kill some unwanted processes to have a smooth meter. Obviously virus scanners can be the ultimate meter killer.

The other thing you may need to do is monitor your internet connection. I use a wireless network to play (not recommended) on an old laptop (but configured for WGT) and seldom have meter issues. When I do it is invariably my internet has slowed.

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 3:19 AM

Hi,

The meter issues aren't really new.  As most of us know, they've been around in one form or another. This isn't the stuttering swing that was being caused by Pepperflash, the problem I'm  having, which started getting noticeable about 5-6 months ago, is a sudden uptick in the swing rate as you're about to hit, or the meter freezing before you hit causing a wild slice or hook. Similarly, when I'm putting, I'm getting a lot of instances of putting past the ding, which for my level and equipment, should be practically impossible. I'm not claiming to be perfect, but I am honest enough to realize when the problem isn't me.

I've tried to monitor CPU usage to see if that might help, but I'm not noticing any spikes that would explain these issues, my computer is less than a year old and my connection is decent. Curiously, when I was playing with my old POS computer and a wonky connection, I had fewer issues apart from one nasty couple of months where flash was causing everyone headaches. WGT can make all the claims they want that it's not us, it has to be you. I'm not buying it. If I have to sacrifice a half dozen goats and chickens and recite Shakespeare's sonnets backwards every time I want to play this game, it most assuredly is not me, it is you. My 2 cents to WGT: if you actually care, get the game playing absolutely perfectly on one browser. ONE BROWSER. If people choose to play on another and have issues? Their fault. Issues on your choice of browser? You get the idea.

I decided I'll wait to hit the last tier for my own sense of accomplishment and then it's "screw you hippies, I'm going home". This is supposed to be a game to enjoy, lately, it has been anything but.

• PAGES
RSS