Help › Forums

And another lost ball thanks to the meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:39 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:12 PM

I have lost very few balls since I started playing, most of them were "me trying shots with 5% chance of success", several due to meter, but this week alone I lost 3 balls due to some sort of glitch that sucks a shot into a lost ball area...a 135 yrd club on a level shot from a fairway w/ a slight tailwind that goes 170 yrds....a drive that just f'n disappeared into thin air...now that cr@p tends to p!ss me off...surveys pay for my balls but it is starting to get old fast!!!

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:22 PM

Sure, it's NEVER WGT's fault, despite the fact that in the past, they discovered it was their fault and worked on it.... it's in the archives people. Did they fix it? Who knows... still, it's easy to say it's your computer or your server, when they're sitting there hooked directly into WGT's game servers with 100 MB ethernet cable, or fiber optics. We don't have a problem, so it MUST be YOUR computer or YOUR server... but then again, we have to take their word for it.

I'd prefer they post some video's on You Tube of one of their top people playing WGT for 18 holes and let's see how smooth the meter is, in addition to lack of Vemmed shots and what not. Think it'll happen?

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:51 PM

Make that 5.

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:39 PM

So I fired off a mail to WGT venting my spleen. To their credit, they reimbursed me with a sleeve and asked if the problem crops up to submit a bug report and save the replay. If anybody is still reading this and is having similar issues, do likewise.

Thud

• PAGES
RSS