Help › Forums

Greeting's everyone, I am new and have a question

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 10 2013 3:30 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JCross3496
    6 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:05 PM

First off, I am enjoying my new favorite way to spend my idle time! Thanks to the creators you guys and/or gals made a pretty good golf simulator. Anyway... as the title says I have a question. Can someone point me in the direction on the criteria to leveling up. I amto the currently a hack, so I want to know what steps I need to make to the next leveling and eventually make it to Pro. 

Thanks in advance,

JCross

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:52 PM

GL and welcome  ----------------> 'search' for much info

• frogdog311
    17 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:53 PM

JCross,

There are a couple of ways to lower your score and tier up (Pro,  master, Legend etc.). First, score well on ranked rounds. Pratice rounds don't count for average for better or worst. Second, if you win a match play against a higher tier player you''l see your avg drop. And if win a lot of the Ready Goe's you'll tier up faster.

To level up (1, 2, 3...) you get XP points when you play. You get more points if you play in consecutive days. You can just play one hole to keep your consecitive streak going. The higher the level you are the better balls and clubs you can buy.

Good Luck and Enjoy

John 

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 12:26 AM

JCross3496:

First off, I am enjoying my new favorite way to spend my idle time! Thanks to the creators you guys and/or gals made a pretty good golf simulator. Anyway... as the title says I have a question. Can someone point me in the direction on the criteria to leveling up. I amto the currently a hack, so I want to know what steps I need to make to the next leveling and eventually make it to Pro. 

Thanks in advance,

JCross

I think this may be what you're looking for:

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

A couple things you should all know.  One is that your average starts over after you reach a new tier.  Your first round at the new tier will be your new average.  Second, the rounds you need to complete as listed above are the number of rounds that you need in that tier.  Not total overall.  For example, you have to have 25 rounds and an average under 67 in the Pro Tour tier to advance to master.  Hope this helps answer any questions any of you may have.

This is from a post by 'NukeRat' unfortunately I cannot post links at the moment.

However, one thing I will add, is DON'T chase tiering up, if you try and tier up quickly, before you level up you will get to a point where your level won't allow you to get the equipment the higher tiers need. This was introduced partially to put off sandbaggers, (but has introduced other problems).

Edit: corrected embarrassing you're - your spelling mistake.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 1:26 AM

CJ has pretty well covered tiering up.  I'd just like to add one more thing, don't mix up levels and tiers.

Your tier is not the same thing as your level.  Pretty obvious to most people but I didn't know the difference when I first started out.  Near the top left of the screen it shows your user name, below that your tier and current average and below that your current level with a bar showing how close you are to the next level.

Tiers have already been discussed, you get different tee locations (further back) and faster greens.  And a small bonus each time you tier up.

Your level is totally independent of your tier and goes up by earning experience points.  You earn experience points by playing games, so many for a 9 hole game, more for 18 of course.  You also get 1 experience point for every time you hit the ball during a round and if you play every day you earn an extra bonus for that too.  Your level determines what gear you can buy in the pro shop.  Almost all equipment is level based, right up to the  top driver at level 98.  If you hover the cursor over the slider bar beside your current level you'll see how many points you have and how many you need to get to the next level.  At the start you'll quickly go up but as you get higher the gaps become bigger until it can take a year or more to go up 1 level.

Just enjoy yourself, don't worry about the scores and have a good time.  A good country club will help you a lot as you'll have friends to give advice and play against.  Many clubs also have tournaments with prizes for low tier players, what seems like a small gift to a tour legend is often a huge prize to an amateur or pro.

And this is very good advice:

Chinajohn:

However, one thing I will add, is DON'T chase tiering up, if you try and tier up quickly, before you level up you will get to a point where you're level won't allow you to get the equipment the higher tiers need. This was introduced partially to put off sandbaggers, (but has introduced other problems).

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 2:16 AM

Pretty well all summed up with some great advice.  All I would add (apologies if already said) is that you may well save money by planning your adventure equipment wise.  The pro shop is full of every trick in the book to get you buying stuff, and fair enough on that.  I would say though that you can get to Master with starter gear.  If I were doing this again, with what I know now, I would look at the following:

L35 Ghost putter - Great value and a little gem IMO.  Will do you til Legend by which time you will know more to decide on a more exacting choice.  Forums are full of advice on putters.

L59 G20 Irons - First bought set you really need. Again will see you through to Legend;

Wedges - Three evenly spaced L40s ping ones.  Great value and will see you through to Legend.  The hybrid is soon a superfluous club for this game.

Look in the forums and you will be able to see how many XPs are needed for each level.  It becomes apparent you can eat through levels pretty rapido for a good while provided you get your daily XP.  You can do the latter, on bust days, with one hole via community link.

Balls - no need to go mad for a good while.  Look at some of teh WGT ones.

Woods - loads to choose from.  No need to jump in too early.

Each to their own and above very much FWIW.

• paul167
    154 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 5:55 AM

sent you some balls JC,have a whack with them

• JCross3496
    6 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:42 PM

Appreciate it Paul167. I will knock a few of them around tonight

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 3:31 AM

JC, don't use the EZ swing clubs, they may put you off the game, stick to the starters clubs to get you used to the way the game plays.

Remove the EZ swing clubs.

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 6:02 AM

J,

since it wasn't mentioned yet I thought I would add my 2 credits! I don't know if your into spending real $s on this game, but if not, here's a heads up. I've been playing for over 4 years and only once did I spend out of pocket to acquire a much wanted toy! Watch the videos & do surveys for credits as much as you can stand. You may not qualify for many surveys at first, but once your profile is in the system more will come. I have spent almost as much time doing this as playing the game itself!

FYI at the top of the screen is "get credits" point there and click on "earn free credits"

There you will find 100's of ways to earn creds. Some are videos, others are offers for credit cards and such.

GL, Hit em straight, and most of all have FUN!

PS Don't be one of those people who lets the game, with all it's quirks, get to you!!! 

PSS It will get to you!!! lol

• PAGES
RSS