Forums

Help › Forums

best mouse?

Tue, Jan 5 2016 3:41 PM (29 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 10:25 PM

Found this one on clearance in Walmart; best mouse I ever had. Nice soft touch and fast clicking response.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:46 AM

The Rat!!

• ScottHope
    10,352 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 2:16 AM

That is the most complex and bizarre looking mouse I have ever seen Nick, here's a link to another image.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:42 AM

DaddysKat:
    Or maybe you're talking about this kind of mouse ... I heard this one is the best:

Definitely DaddysKat, just make sure he's wired!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 6:48 AM

You can always take a taxidermy class and make your own custom mouse with whatever features you want:

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:48 AM

andyson:

Definitely DaddysKat, just make sure he's wired!

So true, Andyson.  And the older wired version had balls ... so if you happen to have one of these, be sure you keep your mouse ball's clean!

I personally prefer the newer, neutered via laser version!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:38 AM

DaddysKat:
    Any wired mouse will do.  I use a $10 keyboard/mouse combo from IOGear.  Both work fine and they are 6 months old.

I have always found it odd that people will spend hundreds, if not thousands on a computer and then buy the cheapest mouse and keyboard that they can find.

Your mouse and keyboard (not including touch screens here) are your only connection to your hardware. You might just be amazed what a slight upgrade does for you.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2013 2:54 PM

Soulcatcher:

I have always found it odd that people will spend hundreds, if not thousands on a computer and then buy the cheapest mouse and keyboard that they can find.

Really?  Do you sell computer hardware at an electronics store?  Did your boss tell you to say that?  Sorry, but I'm not buying that line.

Keyboards and mice aren't a big deal.  If they're wired, type, track and click, they're fine.  It's more about personal feel if you're using a USB style mouse and keyboard.  There's no significant difference between a $10 keyboard/mouse combo and a $60 keyboard/mouse combo, other than the manufacturer's name and the extra money you end up spending getting that logo.

Personally, I do prefer a PS2 mouse and keyboard, but most notebooks and even some laptop model computers don't have the PS2 (or 6 pin - mini-din) ports.  That's why I recommended a wired USB "laser" style mouse.  PS2 mice have much lower latencies, so they are much better in a gaming environment.  They are usually sold together as a combo these days and will run you around $20 - $50.  If your computer has the mini-din jacks at the back of your computer (most are purple and green), you will find the PS2 keyboard/mouse combo to work better than the USB ... just avoid hot-swapping and you'll be golden.

Kat ♥

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2013 4:35 PM

Let's not get crazy here. I am sorry if you took personal offense to my post.

I am not going to get into a technical discussion about ports, latency and poll rates. PS2 is a legacy port.

I personally use a g500 for work, a g700 (This is a great deal on this mouse if you live in Canada. It can be used wired or wireless.) on my desktop, and I also own a level 10 (I hate it).

All I am saying is, go to a computer store where you can touch and see what fits your hand.

Would you maybe like extra buttons that you could set to 'zoom'?

I like cherry red switches in my keyboard... you might like the browns. Just saying.

Happy hitting

RSS