Forums

Help › Forums

STATS CAN LIE...AND DISTORT THE GAME

Thu, Jun 25 2015 10:18 AM (44 replies)
  • boressie
    45 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2013 5:05 AM

Since WGT made ​​the stats of each player visible , it is increasingly difficult to find an opponent in matchplay .

The reason is simple: nobody wants to deal with a player who has an good average (75% or more for instance). 

So people want to face weak players . It becomes vicious !!!

For me, a player who only faces weak players, has a real chance to improve his stats.

He ll become a "good" or "great" player in the eyes of other players. But in fact, he is a weak player too who just managed to beat too many weak players . lol

I know some of these guys who has 80% of winning average. If u play them u just realize that their game sucks. THATS WHY STATS LIE....

If you have confidence in your game , u would not be afraid to play anyone.

I have played all types of players ( hack to TL) . Since I became Legend, i stopped playing lower tiers than master . It's just annoying to beat all the time players who struggle to make pars . lol

I tried to play TL, but I had a big technical problem: putts that I holed on tournament green , I missed them on their green. I realized that many good or excellent Legends got the same trouble.

So I stopped playing them for that only reason.

I only play Masters, TM and LEGENDS regardless of their stats.

However i must wait for 30mn to see someone willing to play with me.

It's discouraging. Why do they make stats visible ?

It was so good before. STATS R JUST DISTORTING THE GAME. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:33 PM

+1   SO TRUE!!!! It's an ego thing for low self-esteem, no-life, sad people. My stats suck, but I don't play for stats. I enjoy the game. I'm not good, but definitely not bad, either. Just a tour pro with legend status, lol.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 7:34 PM

I don't bother looking at my own stats or anyone else's.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 8:13 PM

boressie:
    For me, a player who only faces weak players, has a real chance to improve his stats.

boressie:

boressie:
    tried to play TL, but I had a big technical problem: putts that I holed on tournament green , I missed them on their green. I realized that many good or excellent Legends got the same trouble.

1 + 1 + 1 =2...lol

You expect lower tiers to play you, but since you have issues on Champ greens, you won't play TL's?

Amazes me what some will come out and say about themselves.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:06 PM

I never talk about myself.

1i refreshingly imperfect

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:54 AM

Hmm do stats lie?

I have been told my stats suck, therefore it must be true.

• JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2013 1:24 AM

I suppose it doesn't help when you put in your status, "FIRST EVER CRYSTAL MATCH PLAY AWARD (2500 WINS)"

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2013 1:51 AM

boressie:

I only play Masters, TM and LEGENDS regardless of their stats.

However i must wait for 30mn to see someone willing to play with me

I usually play with myself, it takes less than 30 mn.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2013 3:14 PM

MBaggese:

boressie:

boressie:

boressie:
    tried to play TL, but I had a big technical problem: putts that I holed on tournament green , I missed them on their green. I realized that many good or excellent Legends got the same trouble.

1 + 1 + 1 =2...lol

You expect lower tiers to play you, but since you have issues on Champ greens, you won't play TL's?

Amazes me what some will come out and say about themselves.

I agree

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2013 5:04 PM

JasonNumber100:
    I suppose it doesn't help when you put in your status, "FIRST EVER CRYSTAL MATCH PLAY AWARD (2500 WINS)"

boressie:
    STATS R JUST DISTORTING THE GAME. 

:-)

RSS