Forums

Help › Forums

A question

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 6 2013 8:50 AM (23 replies)
  • broerric
    34 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 4:02 AM

Hi my name is Broerric and I have a very frustrating situation. I have been stuck for approx. 3 months at the same avg. Despite beating higher ranked players at match and strokeplay and the occasional 4 unders (5's seem to elude me) I just have no joy regarding improvement. I am not in the position to upgrade and I play with starter irons (G20 driver) and wgt cheapie balls. Is there a suggestion from someone here how to get out of this hiatus?

• tramilleo
    1,889 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:51 AM

gonna have to play your way through it sir. Practice,practice Practice. The glitch of beating higher tiers, no longer works i think. After i turned Legend it took 6 months before my average stopped rising and started going down.So dont get discouraged just keep plugging away and before you know it your average will start dropping.Hope this helps you sir.

Weylon

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:54 AM

Broerric only ranked strokeplay count for your average fella,Hope this helps.

GC.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:55 AM

You need to better a 32 for your average to drop and it doesn't look like you've beaten anyone lately in match-play unless it was in practice mode which doesn't count. Hope that helps.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:01 AM

broerric:

Hi my name is Broerric and I have a very frustrating situation. I have been stuck for approx. 3 months at the same avg. Despite beating higher ranked players at match and strokeplay and the occasional 4 unders (5's seem to elude me) I just have no joy regarding improvement. I am not in the position to upgrade and I play with starter irons (G20 driver) and wgt cheapie balls. Is there a suggestion from someone here how to get out of this hiatus?

You have been playing for 2 years , and could have been earning free credits all along . Since you dont want to improve , then why complain ? Better clubs , means opportunities to play better , depending on your abilities . Anyway it seems that your scores have saturated so you have to throw the dog a bone . Go play a ranked round , as poorly as you can possibly play . This will record , but it will also cause the scores to readjust . This will become the score to beat , and will then bring your avg. down .

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:02 AM

broerric:
    I am not in the position to upgrade and I play with starter irons (G20 driver) and wgt cheapie balls.

Not any more. Christmass came early this year and Santa left a set of irons, a 3w and 3 wedges (along with a few sleeves of better balls) under your tree. I strongly suggest you use all 3 wedges and ditch the hybrid and you should be a tour master in no time.  I hope the goodies bring you joy and serve you well.

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:36 AM

Nice job Puholino, good man.

The putter is also taken care of, best of luck Broerric, happy hitting.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:39 AM

And another good thing happened in WGT land.

• Sparky1047
    363 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:40 AM

Very, very, generous Poholino !!!! You are one stand up guy !!!!!

Sparky

• tramilleo
    1,889 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 11:20 AM

excellent ............  I would have helped but i only have 35 credits and payday is not till Friday and then i think i owe property taxes  lol. Oh to be 15 again and not having too worry about rent,utilities, etc lol

RSS