Forums

Help › Forums

Racist Slur

Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:46 PM (24 replies)
  • SHEPSR
    8 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 8:53 AM

I need to report an incident from earlier today  and would like to know how to proceed.  A racist slur was used against me today during game setup.  In the chat box the player stated that   ----------------- were not welcome to play.   When I asked what a ___________ was, he said that I was one and then disconnected from the game.

This is surely  not an isolated incident, so if others have had similar experiences, there may be a need to look into this.  I have chosen not to name the player (yet) until I see what kind of feedback is prompted by this message.

Thanks

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:09 AM

You can click the "Report Abuse" link here in the forums, or send an e-mail to WGT at members@worldgolftour.com.

Please do not name a players name in the forums. It goes against WGT's Terms and Conditions.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:35 AM

I have had the same slurs, once the players see my avatar and country of residence. It's no big deal, but I still need to draw a deep breath, politely say goodbye, and remember who it was who used the epithet.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:26 AM
    Slep, I wouldn't name the offender here if I were you. It's the messenger who gets shot on here not the despicable racist. I have learned that from personal experience. Your future posts will be moderated while the 'classy lady' or male racists are free to post their bile and evil ad neauseum and without censure. The Yak
  • CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:39 AM

blackbeard:
    draw a deep breath, politely say goodbye

Sadly wgt is no different then the rest of the world. Its like a bowl of cereal.. It is also Full of "Fruits~Nuts and Flakes"

Sorry to hear,

CC...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 11:24 AM

And try to include a screen shot of the chat box showing the slur in your e-mail to WGT.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 12:15 PM

Slur? All I know is,( being a trashy, Irish Mic) I never slur my words when I choose to whack a fellow human based upon color, creed or religion...grow up, get tough.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 1:31 PM

SweetiePie:
    Slur? All I know is,( being a trashy, Irish Mic) I never slur my words when I choose to whack a fellow human based upon color, creed or religion...grow up, get tough.

Are you serious ?

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 1:34 PM

Whoever thinks that they are better than another based on color is beyond ignorant.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 1:36 PM

SweetiePie:

Where are you going with this?

RSS