Forums

Help › Forums

Racist Slur

Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:46 PM (24 replies)
  • TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:27 PM

SHEPSR:

How do I get a private message to you regarding racist remarks?  I have had another incident that was even worse than the first one.  WGT really needs to look into this and must devise a way to screen and cancel memberships.

Thanks

Hmmm...is it a racist remark or are you imagining it as a racist remark? Are you antagonizing folks yourself and when they retaliate with language that offends you, they're a racist and you're a victim?

Just curious...cuz there ARE racist but there are other kinds too.

TMPC

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:01 PM

Yakublue:
    Slep, I wouldn't name the offender here if I were you. It's the messenger who gets shot on here not the de***able racist. I have learned that from personal experience. Your future posts will be moderated while the 'classy lady' or male racists are free to post their bile and evil ad neauseum and without censure. The Yak

That's a big, fat load of balderdash (aka horsepoopy). Rude or racist comments reported properly are handled properly and promptly by WGT. However, if you posted undo***entable comments in here and named an alleged culprit, then you would indeed have been called to task.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:37 PM

AlaCowboy:
    Rude or racist comments reported properly are handled properly and promptly by WGT.

I will take WGT's side on these types of issues also. I have had members make completely unacceptable comments in-game, and they have handled it every time in a very timely manner. A screen shot of the chat dialog e-mailed to members@worldgolftour works very well in this situation, so they can see what you are trying to describe.

I have also very recently had a member decide to try to take my WGT fate in his own hands, and handled it in a very inappropriate manner. WGT was also very quick to reply in this scenario. It too was submitted with dockumented (sorry, profanity filter got me) proof, which is the key to resolving these types of issues. Very difficult for them to take any action on hearsay, as they certainly don't want to act against someone who has done nothing wrong. If you can show them the inappropriate behavior, they are very timely in their response to it.

• SHEPSR
    8 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:07 PM

TMPC, your comments are not very helpful. There is overt racism on this WGT USGA game environment.   Many others have shared their viewpoints.  It is a shame that the only way to record this behavior is to act as a private eye and informer.   I think WGT needs to monitor some of the accused in addition to player attempts to catch them in the act.

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:46 PM

Shep - the only way WGT can do anything about it is to report it.  There is no way WGT can monitor the hundreds of thousand chats which take place here everyday.  To expect that is unreasonable.

It is a simple process as a few have indicated to you.  Anytime racism or other types of unacceptable behavior happens it is the responsibility of the person offended to report it, here and in real life.  Take a screen shot, if you don't know how ask, and send an email to the WGT staff - this is simple and appropriate action to take.

I for one feel sorry that in today's society, regardless of your country, people continue to be exposed to the lower class of humans which have not come to realize this type of behavior is unacceptable.

If it is any comfort, there are hundreds and hundreds of players here who are here for the enjoyment of playing the game and those which bring ill-will with them will eventually be banned and required to take their unacceptable behavior somewhere else.

Ice

RSS