Forums

Help › Forums

Hello All....

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:38 AM (5 replies)
  • Thunderhawk7
    63 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:16 AM

Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself...Obviously new to the game....Spent 3-4 years way back when playing Links Golf back in the day...to say I was an active player would be an understatement...If any of my old friends happen to recognize my Username look me up!!!   I am enjoying my adventure so far and have spent some money on equipment...After learning more about the Tiers and Ranking system...I am not sure I should have...But it is what it is...But there is something about getting the ball to actually stick on the green that pushed me toward the upgrades...LOL.  Anyway, looking for folks to play some rounds with so if you are patient feel free to add me as a friend.....

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 12:21 PM

welcome  Mr. Hawk sir 

rock on !

• Thunderhawk7
    63 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:39 PM

Thanks Flashy!!!! To the fella that sent me the invite...I do appreciate it!!  However, I guess I am not getting off on the right foot in the WGT Community for some reason....No details but I will apologize if you thought I was not being upfront about something.....I guess with the ranking and Tier System there are ways to manipulate the system...and while I cannot believe I am going to get long winded here...I have been part of an Online Golf Community and really enjoyed it...So here is my deal...

A bunch of the way this game is played is very close to the way Links Series played...Some of it came naturally....

I paid money to get my equipment to a point where I could at least get the ball to stop on the green...(on occasion).  Maybe too quickly...but it was an available option...so I took it...No disrespect to those that have done it the hard way...Honestly I did not know any better for the most part.

I suck at chipping, pitching, and putting...this is where the game plays very different than Links....Links was more linear when measuring putts and effects of wind etc....distances where available for reference....

I was very surprised that I leveled up so fast....I have no business being a pro yet but will take my medicine for a long while I am sure....

Anyway, not sure that this was all necessary but I guess I want people to know where I am coming from.  Like I said...I spent a lot of time in an Online Golf Community before and know that reputation is important...Thanks everyone for your time....Look me up if you want play a round or two...

• lluciano
    536 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 3:19 PM

It's one long learning curve, but fun.

Getting better equipment and balls along the way is the best part.

Lucky

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 4:54 PM

welcome!

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:38 AM

Welcome!

Have fun!!

RSS