Help › Forums

Browsers vs Meters

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 21 2014 4:51 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • burchell123
    362 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 11:27 AM

Iv'e tried countless browsers and settled on maxthon about a year ago,it was gr8 smoothish meter 90% of the time.i did tend to have a couple blips on run up but always same place and not towards ding line.now had 5 days of really bad meter bad enough to hit bunkers rough fescue and new places iv'e never found before(i managed to find out there is a water brook on kia 7 after flying over back of green from 250 out with 240 wedge with a meter miss ding way late which should slow shot down right not 30 yards over?.think im going to have to give some of these other browsers a try again.the worst thing here is the game and all meter problems wgt says are ours or our computer wrong browser settings and such,at no point do they take blame for this game,the customer is always wrong in their eyes.point blank the games is WGT not mine or ours so anything wrong is wgt.i have a 3.8ghz quadcore 8 gig run nothing at all except wgt on this comp.use others for browsing so i doubt the 5 day meter spike is my fault although i know the blame will be on my comp not wgt.i play here to try compete with the best so 5 days of hack scores hack meter hack wgt or someone hacking my game from wgt isn't fun ;-(

ROCKY

• jayheels
    148 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 11:34 AM

I have now tried 50 different browsers and I must agree with the fact that what works for one person or computer setup doesn't work for others. Here are my top 5 in order of performance on my system for WGT.

seamonkey

flashpeak slimboat

maxthon3

firefox

ie

I don't know if this will help anyone but it might be worth a try for some.

Keep it on the short grass...jay

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 11:59 AM

ianrussell2112:
    It's a Chrome clone which, if you sign in to it using your Chrome ID, will import all your Chrome settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc etc.

I have used CD since it came out a few years ago.I took it a step further and don't sign in, don't have bookmarks, settings, passwords or anything else attached to it. In fact, except for AdBlock, every extension is disabled. I set the home page to the game client and put the CD icon in the quick launch bar. Click that and you go directly to the game without loading any of the superfluous stuff.

Your way does work good if you have a ton of RAM because there's plenty to go around. It's with the marginal systems that dedicating a browser to the game helps most. Dedicating a browser to the game will allow you to use another browser for everything else and clearing the cache becomes moot-it's all game files.  

FWIW, I just came off a period where my main computer was cooked and I had to deal with a really inferior machine for a while. We're talking less than the minimum, like 960 MB RAM and a buss speed that was wretchedly slow. The only browser I got to play the game decently was Iron. An oldie that handles the game just fine if you're hurting for performance.  :-)

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 12:26 PM

I used Dragon since I was introduced to it by YJ a while back now... I started to have bad issues with it when it had a bad flash update that somehow got updated on its own... I looked around and found Opera worked for me far better than anything else I've tried.. I still use it now but I still have Dragon as a back up... About the only two browsers I have found that works well with this game...

Mel

• DonB5750
    27 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 1:35 PM

I have an older Macbook Pro with an older operating system. Apple makes it kind of difficult to upgrade once you miss one, you have to upgrade one at a time and order discs, etc. So the newer flash versions won't install on older operating systems. Mine is a Leopard I think (version 10.5.8). It's what I use for now as my wife using my newer computer and this one is all i have access to. So, a lot of newer browsers won't work with my flash, and can't get the newest flash since my osx is older. So I've found Camino to be the best for me. It's not supported anymore but works fine. I think it's Version 2.1.2 and the meter works better on it than anything else. I've tried Omniweb but found it too slow and bulky. Takes long time to load. Opera worked ok too but like Camino best

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 3:38 PM

Pale Moon would be my 2nd choice after comodo, no problems with it either.

• WedgeLegend
    5 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:03 PM

Here is best tip of all. Lower your resolution to 800/600 then reopen browser - Mozzila works best.

You are welcome. Please send me some balls as gratitude if you can afford it. Thanks in advance.

• ronie47
    140 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 2:57 AM

No1 Tip GET RID OF TOR  !!! you only need it remain  annonomous WHY? Govermental agengies & more so HACKERS use this site ,so as not to be traced

Run Maxthon  , smooth very little interupts smooth mter & lots of accessable  stuff to use & easy...

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 3:16 AM

ianrussell2112:

I just thought I'd share this with you all... 

I've been trying various different browsers in the hope that I'd find one which, while I was using it, would not give me any meter problems.

Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox have been by far the worse, Maxthon and Tor I've found about 70% reliable but the best, by a very long way is definitely Comodo Dragon.

It's a Chrome clone which, if you sign in to it using your Chrome ID, will import all your Chrome settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc etc.

I've found it to be 100% stable and reliable.  

I've been using it for almost 3 months, now, and have had no meter problems whatsoever.

I recommend it highly.

http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Agree. 

I used to love Chrome, my meter was so smooth since I started using it since 4 years a go, & never had an issue with the meter.

... but since the starts of 2014 and after one of those site updates the meter got suddenly lightning fast. Did post a thread about the meter speed with Chrome and quick found out that I had to fix the Flash "pepper" version, ugh a turn off. A hazard fixing it after every site update.

After that tried all browsers available to finally see that Comodo Dragon was the best option. Using Comodo Dragon you do NOT need to deactivate anything or fix Flash :). Meter is not completely smooth but it is smooth enough to play the game properly.

Eric

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 4:51 AM

I realise this is closing the stable door after the horse has gone walkabout but this is how I stop Chrome from updating. CLICK. 

• PAGES
RSS