Help › Forums

Browsers vs Meters

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 21 2014 4:51 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ianrussell2112
    13 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 7:46 PM

I just thought I'd share this with you all... 

I've been trying various different browsers in the hope that I'd find one which, while I was using it, would not give me any meter problems.

Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox have been by far the worse, Maxthon and Tor I've found about 70% reliable but the best, by a very long way is definitely Comodo Dragon.

It's a Chrome clone which, if you sign in to it using your Chrome ID, will import all your Chrome settings, bookmarks, passwords, etc etc.

I've found it to be 100% stable and reliable.  

I've been using it for almost 3 months, now, and have had no meter problems whatsoever.

I recommend it highly.

http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 11:19 PM

What works best for one won't work best for all but I agree Comodo is one of the better ones for me, slightly worse then Maxthon 3 though.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 11:22 PM

Valuable post, thank you.

Would you mind to extend it with some system information, operating system and CPU/memory numbers?

Thank you again!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:14 AM

Thanks for the findings.

Apart from today's messaging stuff up  I have always used chrome and smooth as silk personally. Who was (is?) at fault with that messaging issue I have no clue, but someone reported on at least one other browser also having the issue.

I like just having the one browser and chrome integrates fine across all my devices, and as say smooth as silk this game for me.  Tried other's but nothing better that I could see, but interesting what others report though.

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:27 AM

ianrussell2112:

I've been trying various different browsers in the hope that I'd find one which, while I was using it, would not give me any meter problems.

Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox have been by far the worse, Maxthon and Tor I've found about 70% reliable but the best, by a very long way is definitely Comodo Dragon.

Great info for most wgt players !   But for Mac users like myself, Comodo Dragon does not support a Mac version browser :(……..However, for other Mac users I find that the 2 best for me are Safari & a new browser I  recently found called " Omniweb "…..Give it a try, its wonderful...

Johnny

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:57 AM

I have used comodo for 3-4 months too, after trying almost all others. I use it for stand alone game client ONLY, use several others for browsing. Comodo is best by far for me. Usually I have several videos running in back ground earning credits while I play on wgt tourneys or A/S, with very little problems

Windows 7  64git, with all the bells & whistles turned OFF. No themes, single color wallpaper for desktop, limited amount of icons on desktop. All system sounds turned off.

Intel i5 2500K quad core @3.3 gig (not overclocked)| ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 motherbd| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 memory| XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB video card| Full tower with a 6 cooling fans, keeps things nicely chilled.

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:18 AM

Try Mozzilla Waterfox.......Outdoes all the rest on Flash benchmarking speed. I use it and have a very smooth meter. Doesn't hurt to try.

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:25 AM

I have found that the browser that works best form me is the one that scores the highest using the Flash benchmark test found here, originally posted by andyson. 

It's funny because the browser that I use is a piece of junk and it's so slow loading pages and crashes often but gosh it handles this game like a champ for some reason. It also got the best score using the flash test. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 11:00 AM

Donko58:

Try Mozzilla Waterfox.......Outdoes all the rest on Flash benchmarking speed. I use it and have a very smooth meter. Doesn't hurt to try.

That shows what I was saying. I tried a dozen browsers on my PC and Waterfox was the worst.  Different strokes...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 11:03 AM

I thought this was going to be about an obscure baseball match... oh  well.

• PAGES
RSS