Forums

Help › Forums

Golf ticker Ad Bar

Fri, Apr 3 2015 1:58 PM (74 replies)
  • Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 4:24 AM

Is anyone else getting that Damned annoying Golf Ticker Ad Bar at the top of the screen now?  It seems to be scripted in now based on looking at the page elements.

I was able to get rid of it in Chrome but I play in Maxthon Cloud and dont seem to be able to block it in it. Anyone got any suggestions for Maxthon? Adhunter isn't blocking it.

WGT Get rid of this annoyance!!!!!!!!!!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 4:56 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    WGT Get rid of this annoyance!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - agreed, but hopefully it will just fade in to the background that you do not notice after a while.  Bit like living near a busy road.  Really annoying at first then don't notice so much.

Not a winning idea though WGT IMHO!

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:05 AM

Well at least now it is only showing on the main screen and not in the game screen anymore. That's what bothered me the most.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:52 AM

how did you get rid of it in Chrome ?

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:39 AM

If you have Ad Block & Ad Block Plus installed... Right click on the Golf Ticker bar and a pop up should appear... Then select the option to block it.... Then follow the sequence of pop ups.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:42 AM

Thank you !!! i did't like it ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:45 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    Right click on the Golf Ticker bar and a pop up should appear.

Dude, thanks for that!  LOL. First thing I did was right-click on it to see if there was an option to block it. Figured I had to live with it. Totally missed the Adblock link.  

For those that don't know, Adblock has a very cool function where, as OBR pointed out, when you right click on the ad you get a menu and a choice for Adblock with a  pop up from Adblock that walks you through,vis-a-vis a slider in the box, filtering of the ad. Very simple and extremely effective.  :-)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:54 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    Anyone got any suggestions for Maxthon? Adhunter isn't blocking it.

i'm working on it :)

well I managed to get rid of the ad bar but it screws up the css.

back to square 1

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:04 AM

Oldbayrunner:

If you have Ad Block & Ad Block Plus installed... Right click on the Golf Ticker bar and a pop up should appear... Then select the option to block it.... Then follow the sequence of pop ups.

Thank you sir. Its gone.  :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:33 AM

geraldlarousse:

Oldbayrunner:

Thank you sir. Its gone.  :)

+1 Good one.

I normally avoid installing software I do not really need like the plague especially when it's free. Whatever version I have installed as an extension from the chrome web store, which was reassuring (for me LOL), and worked a treat:)

RSS