Forums

Help › Forums

Golf ticker Ad Bar

Fri, Apr 3 2015 1:58 PM (74 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:00 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of this thing if we're using Firefox? I have AdBlock plus but can't seem to figure out a way to get rid of this thing.

It's making pages in the forums load incredibly slow, noticeably slower, at least on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

MC

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:03 PM

Did you try what OBR laid out on page 1? IDK about Firefox but it works for other browsers.

(Where's ScottHope when you need him.)  :-)

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:13 PM

Edit...Figured it out for AD Block plus

#1 Click on the ADBlock plus Icon

#2 Click on Easy Create Filter

#3 Right click on the Golf Ticker bar

Poof Gone!!!!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:34 PM

I can't find a "standard" version of Adblock for Firefox. I have Adblock Plus and it works great, the only other thing I can find online is Adblock Edge (don't know what the difference is).

If I right click on the annoying PGA toolbar all I get are the options to go Back, Reload, Bookmark This Page, Save Page As, Select All and View Page Source etc.

Thanks YM and OBR for the suggestions, if you have any more ideas I'd love to hear them.

FYI- I have always had Adblock Plus enabled on wgt.com and have never seen an ad. For some reason I can't make this thing disappear.

Thanks again guys for your help.

MC

• senec
    252 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:36 PM

Did anybody ask for that.

I love to watch the lpga and there is an interesting tournament this weekend.

I always tape the tourney's and watch them later in the evening.

I don't like to know the scores in advance,it takes all the suspense away later on when I view it on tape.

I will try to block it but knowing how bad I am with technology,it will probably have all kinds of trouble to get rid of it.

So if I can't...No wgt playing for the next four days for me,specialy on sunday.

I go for the credits with Maxthon and I play with Commodo Dragon.

Wish me luck.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:41 PM

mrcaddie:

I can't find a "standard" version of Adblock for Firefox. I have Adblock Plus and it works great, the only other thing I can find online is Adblock Edge (don't know what the difference is).

If I right click on the annoying PGA toolbar all I get are the options to go Back, Reload, Bookmark This Page, Save Page As, Select All and View Page Source etc.

Thanks YM and OBR for the suggestions, if you have any more ideas I'd love to hear them.

FYI- I have always had Adblock Plus enabled on wgt.com and have never seen an ad. For some reason I can't make this thing disappear.

Thanks again guys for your help.

MC

You try my suggestion Above this post???

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:57 PM

I don't have an Adblock plus icon on my desktop. AB+ is located in my Tools pull down menu. When I bring the cursor down to AB+ I get a window that says:

-Report issue on this page

-Open blockable items

-Filter preferences

-Disable on wgt.com

-Disable on this page only

etc, etc.....

Thanks again OBR for your help.

• mssommer
    30 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:58 PM

Ty rata78...it worked out great... 

Moe

• senec
    252 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:05 PM

I can't do it.I haven't got a clue.I know you guys are trying to help.

Very frustrating,for the reasons I wrote before.

See you on monday...

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:25 PM

mrcaddie:

I don't have an Adblock plus icon on my desktop. AB+ is located in my Tools pull down menu. When I bring the cursor down to AB+ I get a window that says:

-Report issue on this page

-Open blockable items

-Filter preferences

-Disable on wgt.com

-Disable on this page only

etc, etc.....

Thanks again OBR for your help.

Downloaded Firefox to Check...What a PIA that is... couldn't figure it out

RSS