Forums

Help › Forums

Golf ticker Ad Bar

Fri, Apr 3 2015 1:58 PM (74 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:49 PM

OBR-

Thanks for your help. I'll keep hunting for a way to get rid of it. I haven't played a game with it up there yet but it really makes my page loads in the forums real slow and it's an eyesore to look at.

Thanks again.

MC

• figmented
    29 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 6:57 PM

I plan on addressing it at the source and will be contacting the Golf Channel and informing them that I do not appreciate the ticker and that I believe it is a poor choice on their part to advertise on WGT in such a manner. I'd ask that you do the same.

Contact Us | Golf Channel

http://www.golfchannel.com/about/contact-us/

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:16 PM

You would think ,that WGT would realize  even tho  there is a way to get it out of our playing page .......     I am sure some one wanted to do something nice to and for the community ,but   so far ,to  many experience  members are saying  we dont like it .  I dont think you are making $$$  with this  new ad bar  .( If you are is it worth having great members saying  they dont like it?)      Yet  the new camera reverse icon i sure like  it , well done there  ........       I also think, just maybee on the next up date  you will take it out, cause so many different browser are being used here .    i  sure hope now  that WGTicon  ,Vem9000,and the power to be dont  hit me to hard for saying  whats in my mind ..... :)  Frapp  with all do respect .      

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:36 PM

A free sleeve of golf balls to the first person who can help me get rid of this "Golf Ticker Ad Bar".

I use Firefox and AdBlock Plus and haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks in advance.

MC

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:42 PM

mrcaddie:

OBR-

Thanks for your help. I'll keep hunting for a way to get rid of it. I haven't played a game with it up there yet but it really makes my page loads in the forums real slow and it's an eyesore to look at.

Thanks again.

MC

Ok got it figured for you.. You will have to add an extension for your AdBlock Plus called Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus 1.2.3.

Use your Firefox Dropdown menu.. go to Addons and select it

the next screen click Extensions then use the search box for the Element Hiding Helper for ADBlock Plus... Install it.. once it is installed go to your main wgt screen

Press and hold the Control+Shift+F3 buttons all at once, then release.... Ignore the popup and left click on the black part of the Golf Bar

The next pop up at the bottom use the Add Element hiding button

Poof it should be gone.

LOL..wgt gotcha ,you add this chit an we'll figure a way to get rid of it...This isn't a regular popup ad, wgt has it programmed into the page element so you have to use an element filter to block it.

If WGT was smart about this they would have put it as an option to have or not and leave it up to members choice to turn it on whenever they want the live golf scores instead of just slapping it on everyone.

Lemme know if you have problems an we'll figure a way to walk you through it.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:58 PM

mrcaddie:

A free sleeve of golf balls to the first person who can help me get rid of this "Golf Ticker Ad Bar".

I use Firefox and AdBlock Plus and haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks in advance.

MC

Can not helped here, but make a smart joke ...... :)   you could use  duck tape then paint it bleu  with a bit of white clouds in it  ,  dont forget to cut the duck tape  one quater of an inch wide  by 12 inch    long ,,, that will take care of that .     All for a smile mrcaddie ....         Frapp

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:35 PM

Oldbayrunner:

Ok got it figured for you.. You will have to add an extension for your AdBlock Plus called Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus 1.2.3.

Use your Firefox Dropdown menu.. go to Addons and select it

the next screen click Extensions then use the search box for the Element Hiding Helper for ADBlock Plus... Install it.. once it is installed go to your main wgt screen

Press and hold the Control+Shift+F3 buttons all at once, then release.... Ignore the popup and left click on the black part of the Golf Bar

The next pop up at the bottom use the Add Element hiding button

Poof it should be gone.

You Sir, are my new best friend!

I missed the part about going to the main wgt page and kept trying to do it from the forum page and little by little it started to disappear. First the scores, then the PGA logo....then I re-read your post, went to the main screen, moved the cursor to a different spot and like magic...... IT'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!

OBR-

Thank you so much for taking the time to learn how to get rid of this for some of us not using Chrome. Honestly, I can't thank you enough.

As promised, I've already sent you a sleeve of what you're currently using. It only leaves me with 11 credits but that was so worth it to get rid of that thing!

You Sir are at the top of my Christmas list next month!

Thank you again for your help.

Sincerely,

Wayne/MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:38 PM

frappefort:
    you could use  duck tape then paint it bleu  with a bit of white clouds in it  ,  dont forget to cut the duck tape  one quater of an inch wide  by 12 inch    long ,,, that will take care of that .

Thanks Frapp, I needed that after spending a few frustrating hours trying to get rid of that annoying toolbar.

Thanks for making me laugh!

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:41 PM

To any and all Firefox and AdBlock Plus users that want to get rid of that annoying PGA toolbar at the top of the screen.....follow OBR's instruction above, it worked perfectly!

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 4:27 AM

Your welcome...Glad I could help.

RSS