Forums

Help › Forums

Golf ticker Ad Bar

Fri, Apr 3 2015 1:58 PM (74 replies)
  • filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 10:55 AM

dacrash:
    With all the bugs that aren't fixed, no new courses, tournaments that the same 2% win and place all the time, why should I continue to play this game?  And now toolbars that cant be turned off.

good question , someone got a gun to your head ? 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 12:19 PM

dacrash:

filmslayer:

such lengths , 3 clicks .... lol

It's 3 clicks after the software is downloaded and installed and set up.  Not even close to 3 clicks.  

The 'software' is an extension to Chrome . Literally takes 5 seconds to be 'downloaded and installed and set up'.

One was only trying to help those that may find it useful.

If you'd rather take longer typing out a rant then that is of course your choice.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 3:50 PM

chrisironsbones:

thebigeasy707:

Nice one.  But as was mentioned above, I too dont like installing 3rd part software unless i know Its reputable so why WGT doesn't offer us a x to turn it off is disrespectful. Another instance where we have to jump through hoops just to play or browse this site.

I still don't understand all the blow up about this. I can play perfectly fine from the game client because the ticker isn't there. Is this really all about just seeing the stupid thing while BS'ing in the message board? What the heck else is there to see here?

BTW, not directing this at CIB but the angry mob in general.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 3:54 PM

^^^^^ 

what he said ...

• a14morfun
    59 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:36 PM

THANKS RATA!!!

• HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:39 PM

filmslayer:

3 for you. For most, had to install something we didn't need before.. So fo, and die. :)

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:55 PM

HDBanger:

filmslayer:

3 for you. For most, had to install something we didn't need before.. So fo, and die. :)

adblock is a must sir . sorry you didn't know that before ... 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 3:55 AM

Naw he's one of them that just likes complaining about all the Ad's he's getting and do nothing...LOL.... HD telling someone to F off is ok, but to tell them to die is a bit extreme dont ya think. 

When I first started this thread it was because it was in my game client when I 1st started in the am and that bothered me, within a matter of 20min it got corrected I presume by wgt because it wasn't in it any longer. By that time I had already figured out how to remove it from Chrome. Since then my participation and others who care to be of benefit has been to receive and further aide others in a positive manner who didn't want it in their browsers NOT to start & maintain a Bytch session. 

IMO this IS the owners of wgt's right to place Ad's to further create revenue to make a profit and also to pay the bills and personnel to keep this site running.  As far as I am concerned if my browsers provide me with the add on  tools to illeviate what I care not to see in my browsers then I will utilize those tools just as I do to use what tools and means are at my desposal for my computer to play this game as best it can.

Mods please close this thread as the information to resolve the issues anyone is having with the ticker bar is already here so any further outbursts of negativity can be put to rest in this thread. 

PS... Got a great suggestion.... Why not make a feature for the Starter of a thread to be able to close it. You would find a significant reduction in wasted bandwidth with endless unnecessary continuing posts some of which are my own...lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 4:08 AM

YankeeJim:

Oldbayrunner:
    Right click on the Golf Ticker bar and a pop up should appear.

Dude, thanks for that!  LOL. First thing I did was right-click on it to see if there was an option to block it. Figured I had to live with it. Totally missed the Adblock link.  

For those that don't know, Adblock has a very cool function where, as OBR pointed out, when you right click on the ad you get a menu and a choice for Adblock with a  pop up from Adblock that walks you through,vis-a-vis a slider in the box, filtering of the ad. Very simple and extremely effective.  :-)

Good Stuff...thx.

I slided the pointer too far and got rid of  my profile page....lol  

All ok , just slided it back a fraction.

Works with Comodo Dragon too...   basically it's Chrome anyway.

-Roger

RSS