Forums

Help › Forums

What current Irons set, best suits my Level 66 Pro

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 24 2013 12:43 PM (7 replies)
  • APX3
    15 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 2:34 PM

I am a Pro at level 66 , I want to purchase my first set of Irons and say goodbye to my starter irons. I am tired of rolling balls off the green and long irons that never stick. I would like irons that stick, provide backspin, have a slow meter, that I can "depend on for sometime before buying a new set. Any affordable suggestions?

Thanks

The Dawg   ^.  .^

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 3:17 PM

I would suggest the G20s at level 59. They have a high trajectory which is needed and a good spin factor, when combined with a ball that has a few dots of spin. i have played these now for a few months and they have served me well. If you have the credits for these, that would be my suggestion. Cheers

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 3:18 PM

What does "affordable" mean to you? 10 bucks or 100? *grins*

In your position, it might be the lvl 30ish R11 or the G20 - certainly a big money difference!

More important, you should clean up your bag. The EZ SWING driver doesn't belong there, instead you'd need a short wedge, or maybe two to stuff out the gap below your new PW. Choose anything from the lvl 30 ATV up.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 3:25 PM

You have 3 sets to choose from, G-20s L59+ ,Max L 47+ or the new Speedblades L54+.All have decent meter  speeds , making them easy to play . I would also suggest , that you get 2 more wedges , and get rid of the hybrid .You seem to have a good club selection already , so the irons should be no problem . When you pick your wedges , start with your pw , and work backward . Space your wedges 15-20 yards apart , and you will be fine . Look at the Ping wedges L40+ , and up . They play well , and they wont cost you an arm or leg . Hope this helps. Happy Swinging :-)

• APX3
    15 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 6:26 PM

Thanks everyone for the great advise, Please help me  understand the wedges  that are so important. So keep my 56%, Max and add 2 other wedges backwards? what does backwards/shorter wedges means, please give me some examples o these wedges you are referring to.  Also are you saying get rid of my hybrid 3 wood? 

Thanks again, much appreciated

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2013 11:55 PM

I  also agree with the level 59+ Ping G-20's iron set. They are well balanced in all areas. I have even kept mine for when those days the meter's running a little fast. I especially like the fact that their meter is slow enough to use inexpensive balls with them. My favorite ones are the WGT B-ES with just enough bite to stick on the greens. Will never let these go no matter what.

keep it in the short grass

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:31 PM

I know when i get to lvl. 59 i will be buying the G20's also,have a feeling the high trajectory will make a BIG differerence compared to med. trajectory irons.   gl to you.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 12:43 PM

G20 seems to be a popular choice

RSS