Forums

Help › Forums

alternate shot games

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 29 2013 1:50 AM (9 replies)
  • kerplunkster
    19 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:20 PM

I would really like to see wgt create  alternate shot tourneys. That would be awesome.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 12:58 AM

How would it arrange for 4 people to be around at the same time? I occasionally run these in my country club and even among friends they can run for months.

• db69999999999999
    17 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 6:04 AM

I second the fact that this would be awesome. WGT should look into this

• Turtletoto
    311 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 7:20 AM

its so very hard to organize with all the different time zones and just life outside wgt in general

we ran a round robin match play tourney was 20 players to start over 19 rounds 9 holes over 19 different courses was a great thing and enjoyed by most but some withdrew and some dragn the chain.

just to change things up abit was great and am sure we will do again i will be trying an alt shot tourney in our c c so any advice or feedback would be great thanku all 

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:10 AM

lf Say 4, Club Friends Agreed to Play In a Proposed WGT A/S Tournament Then it Would not be Much Different to any other WGT Tournament They would only Hit the Play Button once they Had all Turned up  Worth a Try 

Roy

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:34 AM

Or you could just sign up and play with whoever is also waiting to play.  There would almost certainly be 3 other players looking to play the same tourney at any given time.

Playing with friends can be done at any time, you don't really need a WGT organised tourney although it would of course be nice.

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 5:31 PM

MainzMan:

Or you could just sign up and play with whoever is also waiting to play.  There would almost certainly be 3 other players looking to play the same tourney at any given time.

Playing with friends can be done at any time, you don't really need a WGT organised tourney although it would of course be nice.

If they ever get one Mainz...i will carry your bag and occasionally putt..LMAO

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 12:28 AM

MainzMan:
    Or you could just sign up and play with whoever is also waiting to play.  There would almost certainly be 3 other players looking to play the same tourney at any given time

Now this is a very good idea.

Could it be possible if Wgt can set a comp like this...  for Random Players only.

Like a normal comp that Wgt sets up...  Lets say I enter the comp as normal... then the game screen goes to the lobby of a 'Random Alt Shot', when we have 4 players... the game starts and results go into comp results.

Then again...  how would you score it.... that's another question.

-Roger

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 12:42 AM

Don't you do that in your Country Club, Mantis?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 1:50 AM

courteneyfish:

Don't you do that in your Country Club, Mantis?

We have toyed with the Idea before....  but as you said earlier,  Just might take too long to actually finish.

An official Wgt comp just set up for this type of comp with Random people, does sound good.  

Not a 'post your scorecard' comp....  but enter the comp and get matched with a random player,who has also entered and the score/result gets Automatically posted in the comp... just like a normal Wgt comp

RSS