Help › Forums

Tier levels

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 12 2013 9:10 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ChrisJohnson2616
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 9:58 AM

How do you advance. My avg. is 80.2 but I have played folks with higher averages then mine and they are listed as pro and tour pro. Why am I still an amateur.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:34 AM

ChrisJohnson2616:

How do you advance. My avg. is 80.2 but I have played folks with higher averages then mine and they are listed as pro and tour pro. Why am I still an amateur.

You need to get your average lower than 80.000 to move to Pro Tier. You're close but not there yet. As to other players having a higher Tier and a higher average, our average resets with each Tier advancement. They might have recently moved up and are just getting used to the harder play thus they have some higher scores in their average.

GL and don't get hung up watching that average number. Just enjoy playing.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2013 12:17 PM

+1!

One ranked strokeplay score of 40 / 80 will promote you - just not on a Par 3 or Par 5 course.

Have fun!!

• DocNeon
    84 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2013 3:03 AM

Chris

Check out my profile Blog sometime. I had the same question (sort of) . There you will find a good & complete explanation of averages needed to move up, ranked rounds required to move up and why your AVERAGE may go UP as you move up tiers (as mine did). Cleared up my questions on this and it seems to be reliable info. Good Luck!

Doc

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2013 9:43 PM

Looks like you made it to Pro. You don't necessarily want to move up IMO, it moves your tee back and the greens get faster. I wish I would have stayed a Pro.

If you're decent, you'll end up staying around Tour Pro, Tour Master Level forever anyway.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2013 9:55 PM

DocNeon:
    Check out my profile Blog sometime. [...] There you will find a good & complete explanation of averages needed to move up, ranked rounds required to move up [...]
    Please allow for a wee correction to become perfect:

You need at least 100 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2013 10:29 PM

I've been wondering about something lately regarding ranked rounds.  We all know about 500 ranked rounds to go from legend to TL and 500 ranked rounds to reach saturation once you are a TL but.....  do Best of Par 3 and 5 rounds count?  I assume not as if that were the case a new legend could play 499 rounds on one of those courses and one round of 28 on BPB front 9 and be a 56 average TL.

On the other hand they do count as ranked rounds and count towards your stats, just not your average.

Has anyone kept track of their ranked rounds and knows whether the par 3 and 5 courses count?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Dec 6 2013 10:44 PM

3's and 5's don't count toward your 500.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:10 AM

About tier, you have this thread who explain everything.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/168899.aspx

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2013 1:07 AM

courteneyfish:

3's and 5's don't count toward your 500.

I think they should be counted as Ranked Rounds,  but not for Aveages due to the Obvious low scores that can be shot on a Par3 course or High (as in total) scores on a Par5 course.

-Roger

• PAGES
RSS