Forums

Help › Forums

National Flags

Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:47 AM (27 replies)
  • FreeScotsman
    7 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 7:49 AM

I play under the name FreeScotsman, why must I have the Union flag next to me. In international golf Scots play under the Scottish saltire, why not on World Golf Tour,give me a saltire and I will gladly buy some credits.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 11:17 PM

its all over in the FAQ over to the right

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2013 11:46 PM

Please verbose SHRUDE!

@FreeScotsman: Please allow for a curious question: Which country and nationality is shown on your passport?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 2:14 AM

alosso:
    Please verbose SHRUDE!

Haha did I miss something?  :)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 2:23 AM

I hope not, concerning your physical status :)

Alas, I missed the relevance of the FAQ to special flag issues like the Scottish saltire. Nay hint?

• FreeScotsman
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 4:37 AM

I do not have a passport, I do not need one, If I did it would be an EU, (European Union), passport with a Scottish saltire on it. This not about any other Nation, I just like being Scots, I count myself as an Internationalist and not a nationalist. ;-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 6:37 AM

alosso:

Which country and nationality is shown on your passport?

What relevance does the OP's passport have to his desire to show a saltire next to his name on here?

Why even bother asking a question when you yourself obviously already know the answer?

I know you've already expressed a dislike of things Polish elsewhere on the forums - just wonderin' if your disdain for others applies to all things Scottish and/or British too?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:26 AM

WigerToods2010:
    I know you've already expressed a dislike of things Polish elsewhere on the forums - just wonderin' if your disdain for others applies to all things Scottish and/or British too?

Noooo, don't do it....!!

I have a line I won't cross...   :-)))

It would've been just a joke but things get blown out of proportion..

Andy

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:42 AM

WigerToods2010:
    What relevance does the OP's passport have to his desire to show a saltire next to his name on here?
    Not to the desire but to the opportunity.

WigerToods2010:
    Why even bother asking a question when you yourself obviously already know the answer?
    Explain "obviously". Which knowledge do you have about my knowledge?

WigerToods2010:
    I know you've already expressed a dislike of things Polish elsewhere on the forums
    That's plain untrue. Talk was about general fear in one and the other direction, not my likes or dislikes.

Mr. Know-it-all, you obviously did not visit my profile, you obviously ignored my talks about various visits to Scotland, you obviously have not seen the saltire at my car's back window?

Should I expose the list of Scottish golf clubs which I have played?

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:02 AM

I know what I read, as do you and others.

Now, to clarify:

I have no inclination to visit your profile.

I missed your talks about various visits to Scotland - where they streamed live for all to see?

I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I'll wager I'm not the only member of wgt that's not seen the saltire at your car's back window....... Your point is caller?

You feel free to expose all that your heart desires, Alosso.  Keep it friendly though. No need for petty insults.

Yours,

Mr. Know-it-all.

RSS