Forums

Help › Forums

National Flags

Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:47 AM (27 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:23 AM

I'm afraid I can't stay too friendly when wrongly insulted with chauvinism (remember 9-1 1939?), but I'll ignore your new cheap wording flame.

Back to the subject:

I may be insisting more than some expect, but what astounds me is the apparent individualism / separatism between the states of the UK even after 300 years of union. What is so different to the situation here?

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:48 AM

FreeScotsman:

I play under the name FreeScotsman, why must I have the Union flag next to me. In international golf Scots play under the Scottish saltire, why not on World Golf Tour,give me a saltire and I will gladly buy some credits.

Hi everyone!

I think that FreeScotsman has a good point.

If WGT strives to emulate real world golf (and advertises that fact!) then he has every right to request that they emulate this portion as well.

Perhaps Icon can take this up with his colleagues and see whether it can be included?

As for the other comments....really? Take it to private messaging. There is no need to speak to each other like that!

Hmph!

• webveloper
    2 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 11:20 AM

Unfortunately, it works the other way around; buy some credits, and you can give yourself the saltire...

http://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-avatars/wgt-scot_male_1.aspx?i=2210542b-bb74-4851-9378-6c0e425ccb4b&b=e0948fff-d346-4d54-9035-3fe5ac6286ed

Your flag will still be GB since that is technically your country (blame the Duke of Queensberry and ISO 3166-2) but your icon will show your true colors.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 1:11 PM

This has nothing to do with Geo-politics or nation states, we all get along fine thank you, and will continue to do so.

The real point of this is that players, from the 4 nations comprising The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, have expressed a desire to have the flag that the real pro's from their respective countries use in tournaments.

After three hundred years peaceful union, we don't need advice on neighbourlieness from mainland Europe thanks all the same.

• FreeScotsman
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 1:22 PM

Now our good neighbors from Europe can't have a say, little britain right enough, democracy=people power, get a grip 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 1:32 PM

Thank you for the informative reply. I'm gonna rest my curiosity now.

Please allow for the remark that there was no advice or such intention included - I just posed a few questions.

Looking forward for some friendly matches, be it on virtual RSG or STA or real Hawkstone Park, Nefyn, Durness *dreams*.

• craigswan
    31,568 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 2:03 PM

Scotland flag graphic animated

• FreeScotsman
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2013 2:08 PM

Cheers Craig, downloaded for ma twitter feed, :-)

• FreeScotsman
    7 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:04 AM

Hi alosso, I understand what you were saying, the small nation theory. For me the large nations use small nations, as a staging ground. I in no way think of as a bully or bigot, on reflection questions need to be asked, we all need to talk to each other, peace and love. ;-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 3:28 AM

alosso:

I'm afraid I can't stay too friendly when wrongly insulted with chauvinism (remember 9-1 1939?), but I'll ignore your new cheap wording flame.

You sure you've replied to the correct thread?  

I could opt to reply in kind  - I won't  - therein lies the difference.

RSS